Friday, May 27, 2011

My body aches!!

Today was a VERY productive day. I don't know what got into me but as I just laid my head on my pillow I realized this is the first time (including dinner time!) that I have sat down since 7:45 this morning. I'm POOPED.

Joanns Memorial Day sale started today and I needed to get a few things for some quilts I'm working on. So Rachel, Heidi and I headed over there so we could get there right at 9AM. All of the husbands watched the kids so it was super nice to shop just us! :) We got back and the girls and I played outside for awhile. Emery always wants to go on "Roly Poly" hunts (potato bug hunting) and they haven't seemed to have come out for the summer yet. Emery got a new princess dress from the Disney store yesterday and besides bedtime, it's been on her 'round the clock!


Oh my goodness! She came up with a brilliant idea today. She said she would be Cinderella and I could be her evil stepmother. She then told me I needed to tell her everything she needed to clean up and she seriously went around the house cleaning for a good 20 minutes!! It was FANTASTIC and something I hope to do daily! ;) I knew we played "pretend" non-stop for a reason! :)

I am making a secret something for a special someone out of these fabrics. So I needed to get them all cut and ready to be sewn! So that was next on the agenda... And I surprisingly finished it all during Anisten's nap!


Oh and in the midst of everything else, I did 8 loads of laundry!! We went up to Greenbay, Wisconsin for a few days and so I was a little behind on laundry.

I also attempted making homemade tortillas tonight for dinner. They were really good!! I could've just ate those for dinner. Yum.

Then Braun calls and asks if I can get breakfast for his office tomorrow. He makes a special request for Cinnamon rolls! I made a HUGE batch of copycat Cinnabon rolls in the Bosch. I was super nervous it wouldn't hold all of the 18 cups of flour it called for, but it did it with ease!
Haha! How's that for a long log?! There was 2 of those!


Yummy--I can't wait until I get to scarf one of them down in the morning.


So quick recap of my day:

*Joanns
*Roly Poly hunt
*Cut tons of fabric for secret project
*made tortillas
*made dinner
*grocery shopped
*did 8 loads of laundry
*cleaned house
*bathed kids
*made 4 batches of cinnamon rolls

Good heck I'm exhausted!!!! Let's hope tomorrow is much less productive. I need a break! :)

2 comments:

Kara Simmons. said...

I loved this random post sizz. You are making me tired with all the stuff you did! Can't wait to see all of these beautiful quilts you are making. And I want your tortilla recipe and cinnamon roll recipe!

The Thatchers said...

Holy! You are such a good little wifey. Seriously. You are so good to take care of Braun-Teton and the office. Props to you Tara!

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...