Wednesday, November 24, 2010

recipe...ruth's chris sweet potato casserole


yummy!!! Have you ever been to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse?? That is us Thueson's favorite place to eat! I wish we could eat there daily. Okay maybe not because then I would get sick of it. Anyway... a few weeks back, Braun and I went there with our friends the Nicole and Jordan Davis. I ordered one of these casseroles and didn't share it with a soul. Of course, we got another for the table to share so I didn't look quite as selfish! :) I immediately came home and knew I MUST find the recipe for their famous Sweet Potato Casserole. I found this one and tried it out last week.

IT.IS.TO.DIE.FOOOOOOORRR!!!!

So of course, I have to share it! Make it right now... or you could wait until Thanksgiving tomorrow.... it is delicious.

Ruth's Chris special sweet potato casserole
Makes 12 servings
Crust

1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1 cup chopped nuts (pecans preferred)
1/3 stick butter, melted
Combine brown sugar, flour, nuts and butter in mixing bowl. Set aside.

Sweet Potato Mixture

3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
1 cup sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs, well beaten
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a medium-size casserole dish with nonstick spray.

Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs and butter in a large mixing bowl in the order listed. Beat thoroughly with a hand mixer to increase the fluffiness of the sweet potato mixture.

Pour mixture into the baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes. (At this point, dish can be covered and refrigerated.)

Sprinkle the surface of the sweet potato mixture evenly with the crust mixture and return to oven for 10 minutes. Allow to set at least 30 minutes before serving.

The brown sugar and pecan crust should be slightly browned and crunchy.

and if you are a visual person, here is a link to the video of a Ruth's Chris chef himself making it! :) Enjoy!


2 comments:

denielleandshawn said...

Ahh I can't WAIT to try this! Sweet potatoes are my indulgence! Thanks!

Maria said...

This is the recipe that I have always used. It is the BEST!

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...