Wednesday, June 30, 2010

What have us Thueson's been up to??

Well hello bloggity blog! It's been awhile.. I think that is how I start all posts lately. (Not that I have posted lately...but ya know what I mean!) So what have we been up to?? All sorts of fun things! I am still loving it out here. Weather is awesome, great company, great kids, its just great! Here are some pictures of the past few days. I really want to line one of the sides of my house with these flowers. Anyone know what they are called? I love how they are like big cream polka dots!! :)

Anisten gives the BEST crusty faces. I tried catching her in one yesterday!

Just hanging out at the dog park!
Brauns office won an incentive and so we got to take everyone to Six Flags for the day! It was so fun. It is in Illinois which is about 45 minutes from here. We spent most of the day at the water park. We rented a Cabana and got free drinks all day. It was heaven. My girls loved it.
Anisten has a little friend out here named Payton. They are seriously best buds. They both start squealing when they first see each other to play. I love it!


These are some sweet shades, eh?


So the new iPhone is awesome... I LOVE the front facing camera. The quality of it isn't near as good as the camera on back, but it is decent and nice to see what you are taking a picture of! :)


We have spent a LOT of time at the pool this summer! Emery swims all over the place. It is so nice to be able to somewhat relax a bit when I go there and not have to be (completely) worried about my kids. She gave us quite a scare the other day though. We were having a BBQ a few Sundays ago and all of the boys were having a belly flop contest. How THAT is fun I have no idea??? I guess when $100 bucks is thrown at you it makes it fun! Well all the sudden I hear Emery crying and so I turn to see her. She had fallen into the pool but swam to the stairs!! She didn't have her floaties on but somehow was able to swim enough to get to the edge. Whew! It is scary how fast things happen. I didn't even know she had fallen in and I was right there! Yikes! Then a few days later Anisten did the exact same thing. Except she doesn't know how to swim and so it made it a bit scarier! Dang kids. They are just too daring! Are they trying to give me a heart attack? Sheesh!
I started typing out all of my recipes. It is actually really addicting and fun. I got so sick of looking through my box of notecards and having them be dirty and gross that I finally resorted to this and am so happy that I did! Emery loves looking through the pictures and picking out what she wants to eat. It makes it nice for me because when I make it and she says she doesn't want it, I tell her she has to eat it because she picked it out! :) Go Mom!

While looking for recipes, I found a super yummy chocolate chip recipe. One that Braun actually LOVES! He is VERY picky about his chocolate chips. Seriously though, these are sooo good. You all need to try them! I love the pudding cookies I posted awhile back and these are definitely just as yummy! The recipe is found here.


Grandma's Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: 72 cookies
Time: 1 1/2 hours
Recipe from Jill Eskelson

1 1/2 C butter, softened
1 1/2 C sugar
1 1/2 C brown sugar
4 eggs
1 t salt
2 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
2 t vanilla
5 C flour
2 bags Guittard Milk Chocolate Chips

1. Cream butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla together for about 3 minutes. You want the mixture to be well incorporated.
2. In a separate medium sized bowl mix the dry ingredients.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed ingredients and mix until all the flour is incorporated.
4. Add the chocolate chips and mix.
5. Roll into balls and place on a cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 350 for about 8 minutes. Do not over bake. You'll want to take the cookies out of the oven when they start to crack, then let them stay on the hot cookie sheet to continue cooking for about 5 minutes. (I have a convection oven and bake them at 325 for 6 1/2 minutes.)
Enjoy!

Well I am off to our weekly Recipe Swap out here with the ladies. Todays swap is "Italian" themed. I am excited! We have quite the group of wives out here this summer! There are 15 of us now (3 more came this week!) and it makes for a fun time every time we get together. There are so many different personalities out here but at the same time we all blend so well! It is nice to have a summer with no lady drama. 2 months down & 2 months to go! :)

Have a great day!!

7 comments:

Jennie B. said...

Yummy cookies! The flower is a hydrangea. Not sure if that's spelled right. I'm obsessed with them! White ones are the prettiest too.

The Thueson's said...

Jen! Are those the same flowers I asked about last year and you told me?? Heck-- you are quite the flower guru! Thanks!!!

{Layla} said...

Looks like fun. I freaking love Anisten's stink face. She is so adorable. And I am loving how Emery looks like Braun and Anisten looks like you--too cute!
Ok I am going to steal all of those recipes from you after the summer! So keep up the good work! =)

{Layla} said...

oh yes, and that is a mighty cute swimsuit (from what I can see) you have on in that last pic! hot mama!

Kara Simmons. said...

I really like this posting kick you are on. Keep on going! We sure miss hanging out with you guys this summer too. i can't believe how big Anisten is!

Julie said...

Tried that cookie recipe! YUM! Thanks!! :)

Joslyn said...

I love those flowers too! My grandma always had those in her backyard! Aww the memories! :) Oh- you're hair is gorgeous ( I know I tell u this all the time..I promise I'm not a stalker! Ha ha!) and no, I don't think that shirt looks like a mom shirt.

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...