Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Top VS. Bottom

Okay.. here in Milwaukee we have a bottom floor apartment. After living on the 4th floor last summer with kids, dogs that need to go out a few times a day, groceries, etc... I refused to live on anything but the lowest level this year. Well I got my wish. First floor, I am able to park right outside my apartment to bring in my groceries, I can let my dogs out without loading up my kids, etc. Yes, I am hopping a fence to do all of these things, but the fence isn't high and I am getting quite LIMBER doing it multiple times a day! :) haha! There are definately negatives about being on the first floor as well. I have had to kill 4 spiders in my house in the past few weeks, saw the STRANGEST looking bug I have ever seen. (I swear it had a zillion legs.) and ANTS. I DESPISE ANTS. With kids it is impossible to get the little bits of food off the floor daily so we started seeing them in our bathrooms, then in our bedroom and family room, and now this is the worst of it. Yesterday Anisten was using her little Gerber snack cup.. ya know, the ones that look like this....
Well Anisten had been walking around with it for a good 10 minutes when I hear Emery rushing in with her panicked little 3 year old voice.... "MOM---THERES ANTS IN ANISTENS CUP!!" Oh Sure enough I looked inside it and there must have been at least 30 in there. Who knows how many she ate!! Poor kid. Needless to say, I called the office immediately and Pest Control came that day! :)

Now for story number 2. If any of you are Facebook friends with me than you already know about this. A few weeks ago I made a Sam's Club run with my girls. I was putting all of my groceries on the top of the fence and I had just lifted my girls over and they were just waiting for me on the patio. I hopped the fence and was trying to find my keys in my purse when Emery (again.. in her overly-excited 3 year old voice) "MOM!!! LOOK-- IT'S RAINING!!!"


This is the fence I hop all day long.

No.. it wasn't raining. The upstairs neighbor dog was out on its balcony peeing. ON US. and this wasn't a small dog by any means. It was a full grown golden retriever. Oh boy--- now, in situations like this when most people would be livid, I was trying not to laugh. I was disgusted, my girls and I were splattered with pee but somehow I was able to find the humor in it. Emery's "It's RAINING" comment probably helped that a bit. Sheesh- kids are so funny. Oh but you better believe I wrote them a note and made Braun stick it to their door.

I showed them, didn't I?? haha! I did see him a few days later and he was EXTREMELY apologetic and said he would of been super mad if it had happened to him which was nice to hear! :) They have since moved so I won't have to worry about THAT happening anymore!

So now I don't know whats worse... being peed on and my daughter eating who knows how many ants -OR- living on the top floor.

Hmm...

5 comments:

THE BILLS FAMILY said...

I'm sorry but I am laughing at this post. I am just picturing all of this happening! I'm glad you have a positive attitude about it! Way to laugh it off!! I can't lie when I saw the title of this post my mind went to a dirty place and I was thinking WOW! I can't believe she is posting about that!!! hahaha

The Rindi's said...

I too have lived on both and I have decided it's worth it to live on the top. I HATE bugs!! We had ants at first out here and the office quickly got rid of them. I will tell you my other reason for not liking living on the bottom after the summer!! It's kind of crappy both ways especially when you have a house at home that you can just let your dogs outside to do their business by yourself and you don't have to follow them around with a bag, NOT FUN!!! Happy to hear you won't be peed on again:)

Kiri said...

Yuck!!! Pee Rain?! Ugh! I've totally done the bottom floor living and the spiders are UNBELIEVABLE! I spray like every month - which is totally against recommendations so I'm fully expecting to have some sort of bad poisonous reaction in the next couple years. But seriously, I'd take the top or at least anything but the bottom ANYDAY! Sorry about the dog. Good thing that boys a goner! Gross.

The Thueson's said...

Krap Felisha!! Why else don't you like to live on the bottom?? and yeah.. after I read that title I thought.. hmm that doesn't sound right! haha! I was too lazy to change it after that though!

Court & Jenn said...

Tara, my dear- I ADORE YOU!
I really shouldnt laugh at your "pee" problem, but you totally made my day. I love it!

PS- Because I think its so funny, something crazy like this is going to happen to me. Great.

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...