Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mutha's Day!!

I get an email from my sweet husband late last night that was titled "Happy Mutha's Day." Milwaukee's ghetto must be getting to him!

Today has been FABULOUS!!! I love being a mom. I was woken up with my favorite breakfast by my favorite person in the whole world. Spent the day with my family and even got a quick nap in. Took a LOT of pictures that I'll share soon. I wish I was home in Utah to be with my amazing mom and mother in law though. I love this quote and thought I'd share it here--Happy Mothers Day to all you moms out there in blog land.


"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails.
I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived." — Marjorie Pay Hinckley

What a neat lady she was.

We spent part of our day at Lake Michigan. It is SOOOO pretty there! I can't wait to go back when it's a bit warmer. Today was kinda chilly.


















I hope you've all had a fabulous day! :)

3 comments:

THE BILLS FAMILY said...

That is a great quote...I'm stealing it! =) Happy Mother's Day!!

al + sar said...

I love that quote too, its one of my all time favorites. Your hair is so long and gorgeous by the way, it looks exactly like my goal hair!

Jennie B. said...

Annisten looks just like you, Tara! Cute cute girls! I love that quote too. Happy Mother's Day!

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...