Monday, April 19, 2010

Disneyland 2010--Day Uno!

Well a few weeks before we left for Milwaukee, Braun and I had a free weekend. We were trying to figure out what to do and the idea popped into our head to take the girls to Disneyland!! (3 days later!) I was hesitant about DRIVING 12 HOURS IN ONE DAY WITH 2 LITTLE GIRLS just getting up and going on a super last minute trip like that!! :) But I am SOOOO happy that we did. We all had such a blast. Braun proposed that we take along our trailer and sleep in one of those campgrounds outside of Disneyland. Now THAT--- I was even more hesitant about! haha! Who does that?? Unless you are in your late 60's I guess! Just kiddin.. we weighed out what would be cheaper and sure enough-- it was the trailer! :) I was SOOOO happy we ended up taking our trailer. It was nice coming back to a place that we KNEW was clean, we could pack whatever we needed to without worrying about space, and heck... even though it was white trash as can be, we had a BLAST!! So on Thursday Morning at about 7 AM-- we left....



and with only a few stops, a few tantrums from the little girl below, and about 12 hours.... we were there. This little girl got to explore the trailer for the first time. (She has been camping before, just before she was mobile!)
We woke up early the next morning and went to the Happiest Place on Earth...DISNEYLAND!! Emery was smiley as can be until an employee told her she couldn't stand on the wall to take the picture. Dang lady.. she ruined our picture! :)

Close up of my little stinker!
Our first ride we went on was the Merry Go Round!! Emery and Anisten were in HEAVEN!!



Next was Dumbo...

Then we were organizing the stroller and looked over and saw a duck! Anisten didn't know what to think about it.
"Stay AWAY from ME!" ---anisten
Braun took one for the team and went on the Teacups with Emery! (that is her little head in Braun's hat..)


This was on the Alice in Wonderland ride. Her face says it all!
and I think mine does as well... yikes Tara! :)
It's a Small World! I still love that ride. My kids were obsessed as well! :)
Emery got "glitter toes" for the occasion!
Anisten was amazed by all of the little people in that ride!
Yes.. Yes we were!

hahaha... Poor Anisten.

This was funny/sad. Minnie Mouse was in a big hurry to get out of Toon Town and Emery hadn't gotten to see her yet. The poor mouse had gobs of people following her and Emery was one of them. She escaped through this door and Emery hurried and grabbed my keys out of the stroller. In this picture, she is trying to unlock the door that Minnie had just went in!
"Mom, these keys don't work!"
Outside of Minnie's house seemed like a good spot to take a breather for a bit!
And snap a few pictures while we were at it! I LOOOVE that I have a little sidekick with me to take pictures doing silly things now! Usually it is just me looking like the idiot! :)

We walked back from taking these pictures and noticed Anisten was chewing on something. I didn't know what it was and then I saw her digging again...
See the little GUMMY-BEAR in the crack?? Yes.. she had somehow found another one and was chowing down. Eeeew!!

Emery got to go inside and see Minnie's house!
Watch her dishes get cleaned in the dishwasher....
AND play Mickey's piano!
My girls are becoming the best of friends.. I LOVE it!
We got to wait in line for about 2 hours to see this guy.... (look at Anisten's faces! She didn't know what to think about this Disneyland thing!)

That Minnie Mouse sure does have a cute house! And check out her cute pink tree.... I want one!

The girls were SOOO tired by about 4.

So Braun and I got to go in the Mad Hatter and mess around for a bit! I was a bit disappointed by their hat selection nowadays. I remember going there as a kid and they had TONS of fun stuff! These hats were the best they had!


Okay so they had this little boutique inside of Disneyland where your little girls could go in and get all princessed up! It was a "Princess Salon" and you got your nails, hair, makeup and dressed in a fancy princess dress! It was the cutest little thing. Too bad the packages were around $200 and up! Are you kidding??? Still.. very cute.
I am OBSESSED with Popcorn lately. You would think I was pregnant or something! So of course, smelling it all day I had to get some!
We were EXHAUSTED by the end of the day! We had told Emery she could pick a present from Disneyland and she wasn't able to find anything in the park that day. We saw a cute store in Downtown Disney and went in for a little while... I probably could've fallen asleep in that store but instead I walked up and down EVERY square inch of that store with an indecisive 3 year old. :) She ended up finding a necklace and earrings that she couldn't live without! This little girl sat and played in the stuffed animals while we searched.
Stay tuned for Day 2!

5 comments:

Jennie B. said...

Looks so fun Tara! I think taking a trailer would be heaven! I love being white trashy. And... We have the same double stroller. Your hair is so long! I've gotta try me some of that Hawaiian Oil you use. That's not what it's called. I know. But I can't remember... Cute pics! You look darling!!!! So sad the summer has to start now and everything we do from now on is husbandless. : ( Where are you guys?

Court & Jenn said...

You have such a cute family! We really need to do playdates and stuff when you get back to Utah.

Melissa said...

Looks so fun and you're a dork! "white trash" could NOT afford your freaken trailer! Um, wish I was white trash.....You all look adorable

Joslyn said...

I love it! You guys are such a cute family! My favorite pic is of you and Emery on hangin on the huge doors! And you're trailer is sweet...have you seen our 1976 trailer?!!! Ha ha! It's a big hunk of metal...but you better believe we are taking it out this weekend to go camping!!! :)

The Rindi's said...

Holy cow that looks like a lot for one day!! I love that you took your trailer!! How about once we get ours you do another trip and invite us:) Hope you are enjoying Milwaukee!! I heard that Chey said it's cold

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...