Thursday, March 4, 2010

VICTORY!!!!

Haha.. okay, I have to start this post off by saying I have a very weird sense of humor. Most of the time, you will find me thinking up random things and then laughing like crazy at them when I am by myself. Okay... now that we got that out of the way...

I have this friend.. her name is Amy. She has BY FAR the most amazing curly hair you will ever come across in your whole entire life. Amy.. I need a picture to post right here. Where is your favorite picture of you with curly hair? Well one day I asked Amy what her ritual is to get her hair to go the way she has it. Well it sort of went like this..."well, I brush my hair before I get in the shower, then wash and condition it. Then I get out of the shower, blot my hair with a towel. DO NOT COMB my hair, put some really sticky (almost glue-like) product in my hair, then go back to the tub, half rinse it out...more products, diffuse, and about 5 more steps that I don't remember..." Seriously though, when you see her hair curly, you just stare in awe of it.

Oh here we go, I sort of found a picture of it. She is smack dab in the middle of this, oh and one to the left of it too.. look at those smooth, non frizzy, perfectly curly locks.

Well, we all know my struggles with getting those perfectly curly locks. Oh you don't remember? Well, there is this post. And then there are a number of different hair experiments that I have tried over the past few years..

Rollers...
Failed.

Doing this to your hair can provide very different results...
One day it can be this..

and the next day you look like you came straight out of the 80's...

And then there was the Jessica Simpson Wig Purchase... worst $50 bucks I have ever spent...


At least my mom and I got a good laugh out of it!


Well I would like to tell you all, that today I came near close to VICTORY. After trying hundreds (no exaggeration, either) of hair products to get the type of curls I was going for with MINIMAL frizz, I found what works for me.
And it almost makes me mad to type these out because it was so easy. (It isn't even close to Amy's amazing curls, but I tried.)

What I did:

Showered last night

Put (my favorite) anti-frizz product on.. Morroccan Oil

Watch 4 hours of 24 until 1 AM while letting your hair air dry

Go to sleep with a damp fro

Wake up with the most awful looking hair on the planet and have your husband making fun of you for a good hour

Your hair will be close to dry (if you have ma-HOO-sive amounts of hair like I do--if you don't maybe it would have been dry last night)

Since I do have curly hair already, my hair forms into a bunch of dreads. Take each dread, and curl the ends of it so they aren't poking out crazy ways.

Put about another teaspoon of Morroccan oil through your hair and WA-LAAHH! Soft bouncy curls! (Seriously.. I need to stop blow drying my hair, it is sooo crazy soft today. I love it!)


It is a little frizzy but I like it like that!


And if you are like me and can go DAYS between washing your hair, the frizz will be less and less each day! Who knew.. I didn't even have to use any curl products at all?? Best part about it.. it took about 5 minutes.

Now since we are on the topic of Body Hair... I have two funny things to share. Last night Braun was waiting for me downstairs to come and watch 24. I realized earlier that day that I was in DIRE need of a leg and armpit shavin'. Braun recently threw our razors away after watching something on the Discovery Channel about some lady having to get her leg amputated and almost dying after shaving her legs with an old razor. Anyway, I had taken about 2 weeks worth of showers and hadn't shaved once because I had no razor. So I send Braun this text:

Me: Braun, I am going to hurry and get in the shower and then I will be down to watch 24.

Braun: Oooh-- I am going to come and join you!

Me: Only if you will shave my hairy armpits?

Braun: Oh YES! Do I need to bring the electric clippers? And should I start with a #3 or a #4? I don't want the clippers to get bogged down.

Anyway... I laughed about that for a good hour.

And since I have exploited my hairyness, I might as well exploit my husbands. The Thueson guys are the hairiest men ever.. okay maybe not ever
(I think this man may have Braun beat)

But a few times a winter, Braun gets sick of the static his hair creates and shaves it all off. I walked into the bathroom the other day as he was shaving his chest and had to snap a picture.


And that was just his chest and arm hair! haha.. funny.

Anyway, this may have been the longest blog post about hair in the history of blogging. I hope you weren't too bored.





8 comments:

{Layla} said...

OH MY GOODNESS. I AM DYING right now!!!! HAH HA HA HAHA. Those texts literally had me rolling on the ground laughing. How can you go that long without shaving woman!? I hate hair so much I shave my arms...yes I have smooth baby bottom arms and I LOVE it. I hate hair so much I made sure to marry a man without a single hair on his chest. And I LOVE it. BA HA HA HA. BTW our hair is very similar so I may need to get your help getting these great curls because I do this same routine (with moraccan oil) every night I shower so I don't have to blow dry and damage my hair and I wake up with amazon woman hair that will NOT be tamed with more moraccan oil---I barely tame the 'fro with a flat iron! HELP!

The Baldwin's said...

that was really the best post you've ever put on here. i think you should take over Oprah's spot and become a tv star...you'd be great, really!!

Jonathan and Kiri said...

I am trying this TONIGHT! I have honestly never thought of curling the ends of my curls. That sounds fantastic!

I laughed pretty hard when you mentioned Braun's morning comments about your frizzy bed-head! I have had that experience one too many times :) Two days ago I woke up and heard "Oh look, it's my corpse bride!"

haha the things these men say...

{Rollins Family} said...

oh tara!! you and i would have SO much fun together. I am dying right now, you crack me up, i LOVE It!

Ryan and Jannali said...

I could have told you that about getting curly hair! that's what I do! haha
love the jessica simpson wig on you and your mom HAHA that's awesome.

Kara Simmons. said...

Most random post ever! But I enjoyed every bit of it!

The Robisons said...

Wow Tara! You're too kind! Too bad I cut it off and just put it in a messy bun every day. I'm lame. Love the pic of Braun's sexy legs. Does he know what you post on this thing? ha ha.

The Rindi's said...

Haha Tara!! I am always garanteed a good laugh when looking at your blog!!!

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...