Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Butter Ball!

Okay.. it isn't really called a "butter ball" (isn't that like a little chubby kid??) I think it is called a Butter Bell. Anyway, I discovered something that I thought you people would love too! Okay so my mother-in-law has one of these and I didn't really see the benefit until I was constantly ripping apart my bread while I tried spreading frozen butter on it AND I think leaving butter on a plate on your counter is disgusting. (Sorry if you do it, I just think about all the dust and things flying in the air that are attaching to it and it makes me want to vomit!) Sooo.. I present to you a Butter Bell!

Take your Butter Bell (I found mine here which is a store at Gateway Mall) and your thawed butter.


Squish as much butter as you can into the Butter Bell hole!


Fill the bowl with 2" of COLD water.. this keeps it from spoiling. Switch out the water every 3-4 days and you can store your butter in it for 30 days before it spoils! :)


It is always at a spreadable consistency! Ooh.. just looking at this makes me happy!


Now the real test..


I'd say she likes it! :)


Yes, you may think I am weird for posting about a kitchen gadget that I love.. but really, it is awesome and you all should get one. Plus, it looks cute sitting on your counter. I am coming back tomorrow to post an AMAZING recipe that you will all love. It will remind you of your childhood. I Promise.

6 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

AH! I've been wanting one of these but can't find it anywhere. Maybe I'll just have to order one online. Love the yellow!

{Layla} said...

BA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. You wrote this post JUST FOR ME, huh? Can you believe I have been using my butter bell (or butter bowl as I've been calling it) the wrong way for 3+ years!!! WOWSA. Thanks to you for being so s-m-r-t. Now (when I can eat it again) my butter will have the perfect consistency. =)

Janae said...

Hi Tara!
I just bought a yellow one like yours! I'm ridiculously excited about spreadable butter. Thank you!
Janae Rindlisbacher

Amy and Matt said...

I just bought my mother in law one of these for Christmas! We couldn't find it anywhere, but finally found it at Spoon's and Spice (I think that's what it's called)) :)

Shanna said...

Tara,
How are you?! I found your blog via blog hopping and wanted to say hi! I don't even know if you remember me, but I was in beauty school with you. Anyway..I would love to stay intouch. I had no idea you made these adorable headbands and fun boutique stuff. I am a photographer now in utah county and would love to get some from you!

Things seem to be going so well for you! I am so happy, I love you long hair. you are so cute and your family is adorable!

Take care come visit me at shannamichellephotography.blogspot.com
or my family blog which is private right now! Send me your email and I will send you an invite! shannaleroy@hotmail.com

The Brandt Family said...

so i have had one of these for a few years now and i must be dumb cuz i can't get it to work right. i don't even use it anymore-i gave up on it. the butter will either fall out or get rancid waaay earlier than the 30 days or whatever. do you keep changing the water out or something??

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...