Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Cinnamon and Sugar Spread

So remember in this post I said that I would share a recipe on here that will remind you of your childhood? Well here it is! I got this recipe from my neighbor Megan. It is DELICIOUS! When you were younger, did you make some toast for breakfast and butter it up with lots of butter.. then dump cinnamon and sugar on it? I sure did! This recipe is just that. Except it is all in one bottle and its pure deliciousness! Your kids will love it as well.

Cinnamon and Sugar Spread
In a medium saucepan melt 1 cube butter and 1/2 c. evaporated milk.
Add 1 Tbsp. cinnamon and 2 C. sugar stir over low heat until dissolved.
(**Tara's tip--be careful to keep stirring the mixture until the sugar is dissolved.. i might have burned the bottom (which resulted in white stringy/chunky things) the first time i attempted it!)

I put it in Bell Jars and then refrigerated it. To use, put a little in a bowl and nuke it in the microwave for 5 seconds!

Super yummy to spread on toast!



Then bottle it up and have your little cutie deliver it to your nice neighbor who was kind enough to come take your dogs out when you couldn't! :) (Thanks Heather!)

5 comments:

The Dales said...

Sounds so good! I am definately going to make it. It's good for James bad cholesterol levels right? :) And way cute straight hair on Emery!

Ryan and Jannali said...

yumm!! can't wait to try it! omg Em is so dang cute! hahaha love her straight her

jkzank said...

I definetely ate that when I was young and it's delish! Thanks for the recipe!

Joe and Rindi said...

You do way too much. It makes me feel idle even on days where I don't have time to breath! Sheesh!

The Thatchers said...

Oh her hair looks adorable straight!! She looks so grown up!! BTW--I waited up ALL night for you to bring me my cookies...just sayin

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...