Monday, February 22, 2010

1st {of many} Craft Days!

Well a few Saturdays ago we had our first {like I said.. of MANY} craft days with some of my favorite people. It was awesome! We all got to work on some projects that we have been wanting to do SANS kids! It was great. Sorry for everyone who was here and not in these pictures.. you should of stayed the whole 12 hours that we all did! haha! It was so fun to see what everyone worked on. I wanted to make one of everything... Hayley made a cute outfit for Grace, Ashley just watched everyone be crafty, Amy brought Broccoli that made my whole house smell like a poopy diaper, I sewed dang bows for my sisters bedding for 7 straight hours then made a skirt, Jen, Lisa and Jamie made these cute Valentines topiaries, Kara crocheted with a babe attached at the boob!! (how is that for skill??) Britch crocheted like a maniac, and Jennie and Angie.. why don't I remember what you guys did? Did I miss anyone?

Anyway.. here are some pictures from the day! We need to do it again.. and soon! Anyone want to come?? We had more room!

and these might be the funniest pictures ever.. why on earth couldn't we get a single good one? Oh well..

My 7 hour long bows! AAAH. I want to rip my hair out even thinking about making that again.
I need to take a picture of my nephews finished room. You will all die from its cuteness.

And just because I didn't want that bedding to be the only thing I made, I made a quick and easy skirt. (Since then, the huge ugly flower has been replaced by a much smaller little cluster.)

I started a new quilt yesterday! I finished the top in about an hour. It was fun! I can't wait to get it finished. :) I am going to attempt to quilt it myself. Yikes!

We need to do it again ladies.. I had a blast! :)

10 comments:

{Layla} said...

I already told ya but I want to come next time! I need to learn some crafting skills!!! I especially want to learn how to quilt like in that last picture of yours with the fabulous patch quilt. You need to post about our stools, I really am so proud of mine even though it turned out funky! p.s. where did you go for your sewing class??--I want to get on that before the summer!

The Thueson's said...

Layla! I just took it at Joanns.. did you get a sewing machine?? Ooh fun. The last quilt was SUPER EASY!! I just bought 2 charm packs and so they did all of the hard work for my (picking out fabric and cutting it!)

You better believe I am going to be posting about our stools! I painted a bunch of stuff last night too. It turned out great!

The Thueson's said...

Woops.. they did all of the hard work for ME!

Kara Simmons. said...

Love how you worded everyone's crafting skill, especially mine. Now let's schedule the next craft day immediately!

Hayley Neil said...

What a blast! Thanks again for hosting such an awesome day. Seriously what the heck is wrong with all of us in those pictures?! I am laughing just as hard looking at them as I was when we were taking them. Fun fun day!

Jennie B. said...

How could you forget that I cut circles for Lisa the entire time? Next time, I'll do something awesome with the babe on the boob... Can't wait!

The Robisons said...

Maybe I'll bring smelly boiled eggs next time. :)

The Rindi's said...

Yep I am in for next time!! I need some craft days!! Thanks again for helping with those flowers today and for teaching me how to do the other ones!!! I can't wait to see the quilt when it's done

Chris & Nikki said...

That looks like a lot of fun..... I wanna join in on the next one if that would be okay. I try to be crafty I just never know what to make!!!

melissa-brad said...

i'm obsessed with all those girls. it's sad when you know you'll never see certain people from high school again. that honestly looked like a blast!!

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...