Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Emery's Broken Foot!

Well here's the scoop. On Friday night (October 30th!) we were hanging out with a bunch of friends playing the Newly Wed Game (pics to come!) Brynlee, Jaidyn and Emery were playing by the stairs. I seriously didn't even know they were jumping or anything. Well next thing I know, Emery was SCREAMING bloody murder and so Braun and I rush over there and she was saying she hurt her foot. She showed us that she had jumped off of the 5th stair up! Sheesh! I wouldn't even jump from the 5th stair up. Anyway, later that night she was walking around but had a limp. I figured she had just bruised it. The next morning she was the same. It wasn't swollen, bruised or anything! She still walked with a limp but she was still being crazy busy ole' Em! Finally on Monday morning I thought I better take her in just in case. She wasn't complaining about it anymore but she still wouldn't walk on the inside of her foot. We took her in and they made her walk across the room while they watched her, bent her foot a few different ways and lastly made her jump (which she couldn't do). The doctor then asked me to take her over to American Fork Hospital to get some X-Rays. (Which BTW-the hospital right now is the most awkward place EVER!! Everyone was in masks, you would think I had just been convicted of some major crime because of how I was looked at for bringing my 3 year old into the hospital, and everyplace I would touch, they would immediately sanitize it with Clorox Wipes!) Emery did great while getting her X-Rays done. We were then sent on our way and said a Dr would be calling us within the hour.




We headed to Target to grab a birthday present and a few odds and ends. In the back of my mind I seriously thought there was no way that her foot was broken. Well sure enough, the doctor called and said she had broken the inside bone of her foot and that we needed to come in as soon as we could to get a walking cast put on.

Here is Emery all tuckered out on the waiting room couch.
Putting the cast on!
She chose hot pink of course!
The poor thing is slipping all over the tile floor in our house. Any ideas on what to do about that?? I was thinking of hot glue dots along the bottom. Don't laugh at me.. that's all I can come up with! So here is what she will look like for the next 3 weeks. Her new nickname at our house is PEG and I sure love how I can hear her thud coming my way!! Is it bad that I think her cast is super cute? I used to always think it would be cool to have a cast.
And here are just a couple videos from that day. The 2nd video is of the first breakdown as she was trying to peel off the cast! Poor thing!
video video

It honestly hasn't slowed her down a bit. She still is silly crazy Em running around like mad!

10 comments:

Kristen said...

How sad and cute at the same time! I could totally see my Eme doing the same thing. I have had a couple people tell me it is just a matter of time till we have a broken limb or stiches cause she is a bit on the crazy side of life. Makes life interesting, I guess!

Kara Denise. said...

Poor girl! She does look pretty cute though. I can't believe she broke it because she wasn't even crying for that long after you guys picked her up! What a tough girl.

Jacey said...

When Kayson broke his leg we had the same problem with him slipping on the floor. So the Dr. gave us a Velcro boot. Helped a ton! I bet your Dr. has them, just ask.

THE BILLS FAMILY said...

I have always thought that kids with casts were so cute...its sad but too stinkin cute! What a trooper she is though!!

{Rollins Family} said...

what a little sweethart, i can't believe she never complained about it, what a CHAMP!!

Glue on the stuff you put underneath rugs to keep it from slipping, that would TOTALLY work!

Hayley Neil said...

Sad and adorable! She is so tough to have gone so long without the cast.

Heather said...

aw! that is soo adorable of her trying to get her cast off! Your little girl is a doll!

Mike, Felisha, and Brynlee said...

Poor girl I feel so bad I wouldn't even had thought she had broken because she didn't cry that much about that night. She does look cute in her cast but just so you cast are no bueno!! I had to have one twice and they are itchy and awkward so be grateful!!

Christensen's said...

poor thing!! She looks like she handled it like a trooper though! She's adorable.

The Perkins Family said...

She is sooo cute. Even though she is a girl, she reminds me of my Emmet a lot (the craziness, energy, and all that they do at that AGE) He would go nuts with a cast on. Such a sport for not crying about a broken foot for that long! wow!

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...