Thursday, October 1, 2009

Paula Deen.. You've done it AGAIN!!

I made the YUMMIEST soup last night for dinner. You all MUST try it. I made quite a few changes to it because.. well just because I did. I will link you to Paula's Version but will just write what I did on here.

PAULAS VERSION!

My changed but still super delicious version!

STOCK
4 Large Chicken Breasts
4 Qts. Water
1 Onion Peeled and Diced
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. Lemon Pepper
3 minced garlic cloves
4 bay leaves
3 chicken boullion cubes
Salt and Pepper

**Add all ingredients in large pot and cook until chicken is tender. (About 35-45 minutes) Remove bay leaves and discard. Useless information by Tara.. I read somewhere that if you swallow a bay leaf it can tear up your insides by its sharp edges! Yikes.. be sure to discard those bay leaves! Remove Chicken and let it cool. When it is cool enough to touch, shred. You should now have about 3 Qts. stock.

Now for the SOUP:

2 C. Sliced Carrots
2 C. Sliced Celery
1 C. Sliced Mushrooms (I forgot to add mine in. Oops!)
3 TBS. chopped Fresh Parsley (I didn't add but want to try next time)
2 tsp. chopped Fresh Rosemary (diddo!)
1 C. grated Parmesan
3/4 C heavy cream
seasoning salt
pepper

For Soup: Bring stock back to a boil. Add carrots and cook for 3 minutes. Add Celery and continue to cook for 5-10 minutes. Add Egg noodles. (homemade egg noodle recipe here! When making chicken noodle soup.. you MUST make the noodles homemade!) Cook until done. Add shredded chicken, mushrooms, parsley and rosemary (if you decided to add the last 3) Add parmesan & heavy cream. Cook for another 2 minutes. The parmesan and cream is unreal in this soup. I'm not kidding. Don't skip out on those ingredients!

During this last part I warmed up a few loaves of french bread in the oven.

MMMMMmmmmmmmMMMMMMMmmmmmmm!

This recipe was SOOO yummy! You must try it. Tell me when you do.

P.S. Can you Utahns even believe this weather?? Where in the world did fall go? Anyway.. there is another reason to make this soup. Cause it is so stinkin' FRIGID here!! I also got my first cold of the season. I have ZERO voice.. my throat feels like I swallowed 100 bay leaves (haha.. I'm so funny!) and when I woke up this morning... my right eye was sealed shut.

Thank you Utah winter.. you came way too early!

5 comments:

ashlan said...

Oh how I love that laddy. Try her sweet potatoes, not good for you but to die for!

Mike, Felisha, and Brynlee said...

Tara please invite me over when you make delicious things like that!! Remember I am pregnant and food is by far my FAVORITE thing right now especially when it looks as yummy as that!!

Jennie B. said...

Tara, that looks like pure heaven right now. I think I'll make some.

Jennie B. said...

Have you ever tried to post a comment to your own blog? I have to retry like 3 times before it works. Not sure why. I think there might be a glitch somewhere.

Travis, Shantell, and Family said...

OK I tried this soup and it was AMAZING!!! My hubby even said it was his favorite soup (and went back for 2nds!) and well he is not a soup type of a guy!!! Thanks Tara for the recipe and you were TOTALLY right the heavy cream and Parmesan cheese makes the whole soup!!

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...