Wednesday, April 29, 2009

U a fan of Wingers??


Then this post is for YOU!! So.. out here in Minnesota, they don't have Wingers. I've gotta say, that is by FAR my most favorite restaurant in the world. So when we have moved in Summers past, it is one of the things I miss most. Well.. my dad told me a secret. Are you ready for it?? **How to MAKE your own Wingers sauce.** We had it for dinner last night and I've gotta say, you will be happily suprised :) So here's what you gotta do if ya want your own "FIX" and you aren't near one. (And for those of you who don't know what Wingers is?? I am terrible sorry! You're missing out on something REAL good!)

Buy yourself a bottle of Franks Red Hot sauce. No other substitutes will work!
And a bag of brown sugar! Yes, thats it. 2 ingredients :) Thats MY kind of recipe!

Now decide how much you want to make?? I like to dip popcorn in mine, so I made up a bigger batch.. I used 1 cup hot sauce and 1 cup brown sugar. Put it in a saucepan add the brown sugar and bring to a boil. Don't forget to keep stirring. You don't want lumpy sauce!! Then I bought a bag of Tyson's frozen breaded chicken tenders. Mmmm... Fry/Bake your chicken, throw it in a tupperware and pour some sauce over the top. Put a lid on it, turn on some tunes (like "Thats not my name by the Ting Tings!) and shake it (the tupperware, not your booty!!) Okay, I am getting a little carried away I think. This is just such an exciting post! Can you tell how much I LOVE WINGERS?? Anyway.. here's proof of the deliciousness.
I also mixed up a batch of Buttermilk Ranch for dipping, cooked up some frozen french fries and there you have it! Dinner in a jiff. Enjoy! :)

11 comments:

Jenny said...

Yum! Thanks I am going to try this! Tara are you still selling your car liter bags? I really need to get one!

Caleb and Rachel said...

Don't you love that you can make it yourself. I too am a HUGE fan of wingers. Poor Caleb probably gets sick of eating there over and over again but I love it. We have that same recipe and it is identical to the sticky fingers.. YUM!!!

The Clarks said...

tara, you ar so white trash! fr reals! haha im jk!

Mike and Felisha said...

Hmm...I think you should make that for us!! Haha that's how lazy I am I don't want to attempt so I'll just mooch off of you!! Haha!!

Kara Denise... said...

Ha, my mom just told me today I need to make Winger's sauce when I get out there! She does the same thing to make it too. Yum! Want to make some for a pregnant woman soon who will be too large to cook?!

justin and jess said...

I was listening to "That's not my name" today while running errands and I thought, "This song is odd, but I LOVE it. I think it is my new official driving jam song!" And thanks for the Wingers recipe. We always get our Wingers fix on when we go back to visit family!

Hayley Neil said...

Oh geez. You and your Wingers. I swear if you could have a second husband it would be Wingers!

Joe and Rindi said...

Awesome! I hate wingers but my hubby loves it! I don't hate the food I just hate that all their restaurants are always freezing! I always am angry cuz I'm so cold when I leave so I can't eat their food without getting cold. Weird, I know.

The Perkins Family said...

so...how do you convert THAT into the FREAKING AMAZING DRESSING? for the yummy chicken salad? Just mix ranch? do you know? The crispy chicken amazing salad is my favorite- the bomb diggity at wingers. AND on another note-- when I think of the "ting-tings"...I think of "yo gabba gabba" off of Noggin. Then I think of the weird birthday song the ting tings sang on that show once... and its one you can NEVER get out of your head! (I'm singing it ring now) haha

Christensen's said...

I just have to tell you I am so excited about this! Probably as much as you! I love love love wingers and Brian isn't THAT big of a fan as me so this is perfect because I'll make it for dinner and he can't do anything about it. Yesss. Thanks!

Nate and Jamie said...

If you want a good substitute for your Winger's obsession while you are in Minnesota... Go find a Buffalo Wild Wings! I crave all their sauces all the time since we don't have them in Utah and I only get them when I am visiting my sister (Or buy them online, but its just not the same not being at the restaurant)

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...