Sunday, March 15, 2009

Need some advice!!

Well want to hear something exciting??? We are moving!! Only for a few months.. but still, very exciting nonetheless! We move in about 5 weeks. For those of you that don't know, Braun has worked in the Summer Sales industry for 6 years selling alarm systems door to door. It has allowed us to move all over the place and has been such a good job. Braun absolutely LOVES doing it. He worked for APX for 3 years, Platinum for 2 and now he recently switched back to APX. Switching companies has been a crazy and probably one of the hardest decisions we have faced our whole married life but we honestly couldn't be happier and I know that it was the right thing to do for our family! It was hard leaving a company we were so comfortable with (especially leaving all of our friends!! :( ) but I am so excited about it and can't wait for the summer. Last summer, Braun traveled every week to one of his offices. I would go with him occasionally and LOVED it.. but it was hard with Emery. So for most of the summer, I saw him on Sundays only. It was really REALLY hard. Heck, I am a NEEDY woman!! :) This summer, I talked Braun into taking us along and living in one of his offices! We were going to live in Chicago (Go OPRAH!!) when we were with Platinum. Well, now noones going to Chicago... so we get to go... are ya ready??? To MINNEAPOLIS!!! *****Hello BIGGEST mall in the whole entire world!! :) I can't wait to finally meet you!*****Imagine the biggest cheesiest grin you've ever seen and that is probably what I look like right now.
So my question to you is... do I have any Minnesota readers or anyone that is familiar with the area?? I am in charge of finding apartments for us and don't even have a clue on where to live. We are going to the Southern part of Minneapolis. Any help would be great! Even if you have just visited and know of nice, clean, fun cities there that would be great! Thanks!!

Also, if your husband needs a job and you wouldn't mind hanging out with me and a bunch of other awesome wives all day everyday for 4 months..send an email my way (its on the top of my blog!) I am pretty sure I will pack my car with one outfit for the whole summer and the rest craft supplies and swimsuits. It will be a hard 4 months.. I'm sure of it. :) :) :)

11 comments:

The Fords said...

My hubby works for Apx to! Too bad we weren't going to where you are. We are headed to Canada!
I'm jealous you get to go to that mall! I would be in heaven.

The Mcclellan Family said...

We've definitely lived there during our summer sales journey. Call me and we can discuss, our apartments were awesome and the freeways are super easy. PS the Mall of America has a regular Nordstrom AS WELL AS a two level Nordstrom Rack!!!!

Nate and Jamie said...

My sister lives there! I love Minnesota! She lives northwest of Minneapolis about 45 mins in a little town called Elk River but if you want me to get some insider info on cities that would be nice to live in I would be happy to. My email is JamieRothe@gmail.com. If Braun wants to recruit workers from there, there is an awesome college town just more north of my sister call St. Cloud. Also look up Arbor Lake (I think is what it is called) it has a bunch of awesome outlet malls which is way better deals then the Mall of America... plus you don't have to pay sales tax on clothing in MN! There also is another town close by these others that is like Jordan Landing on steroids and that would be sweet to live there! (can't remember the name right now, sorry!) Enjoy!!

Mike and Felisha said...

Ok I am so excited I've been looking up stuff and there is a ton of stuff to do including the Water Park of America it said it's the largest indoor waterpark in America plus lots if shopping and lots of parks and lakes!! Also I looked up some of the apartments and I have a list of favorites I'll call and tell you them!!

*LAYLA and AUSTIN* said...

Fun fun! The biggest mall in America sounds just fab! You'll have to bust out your 2 child stroller and dominate that place! Do some 'mall walking' with the babes and that can be your exercise for the day. Can't beat that! I'm still hoping you can figure out a way to come visit me in NYC! Maybe one of the wives can watch Em and we can baby bjorn anisten around the city! =)

thehaagas said...

I hope you guys have a tun of fun, I have always wanted to go to that mall, how fun. I hope we can go out before you go or I can just come and visit you, I want our little girls to meet.

Chelsea said...

Hi. Im Chelsea. Sometimes I catch your blog through Amy Clark. I saw that you are moving to MN for the summer and I am very jealous. I grew up in Woodbury (which is just east of St. Paul). I don't know if you actually want to live in the city, or a suburb. If you choose a suburb, Edina is good on the Minneapolis side. If you want to live in the city I can get some apt names from my friend who works downtown.

PS- The Mall of America is awesome if you just want to hang out and do some light shopping. If you really want to shop though, you need to go to Rosedale or downtown. MoA is fun, but they never have sales or anything.

Let me know if you have questions: chelsea.alder@gmail.com

justin and jess said...

We live in Minneapolis!!! And I LOVE it!!!! It is such a great place and it is sooo gorgeous! We live in some housing close to the U of M but you have to be a student to live there. I know there are some really nice apartments right by our church on silver lake road in New Brighton Minnesota. I will have to look at the name though.

Jonathan and Kiri said...

Wow, Braun must be a really hard worker! 6 summers or summer sales?!That is so impressive. I wish I knew something about Minnesota but like you all that comes to mind is...shopping! But I'm sure that's all you need to know right? I hope you're doing well, your family is absolutely adorable!

Chris & Jennie said...

Hi Tara!
We actually spent our first summer selling with APX, and we were in Minneapolis. We had a ball there; it was beautfiul! We lived in a fun little city called Plymouth. It had beautiful walking and jogging trails, plus a really fun outdoor mall/shopping center. I don't remember what our apartments were called, but they were super nice, and right next to a freeway. We were with Jared Hallows office, so you could ask Dani if she remembers what the apartments were called. I'll have to email you a bunch of fun places we visited with all the wives!

Travis and Sadi said...

I have a couple friends who are going to Minneapolis with their husbands AND they work for APX!!! Yep that means they will probably be in the same office as you. A lot of them are the same boys that Trav sold with in D.C. last summer!!! Beth Webb is one of them... you will absolutely love her! She is the cutest and most fun girl. She was out in D.C. for a bit of the summer last year with us for the whole selling shebang with her then fiance Danny! And my friend Jamie Talbot's husband Mark will be out there too... but I think Jamie might be staying here to work. Not sure. But you will have a blast. I am so jealous that we aren't going!!!!

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...