Monday, February 2, 2009

Random Thinkings...

Well, this post is going to be quite random. I have a lot on my mind this morning I guess. Emery slept at Brauns parents last night. I had a list of things I wanted to get done bright and early this morning, but its 9:51 and I am still laying in bed with the little one. Does it get any better than that? No. I think not.

Okay.. here is where the randomness starts!

Have any of you heard of Moroccan Oil?? I was in the beauty supply about 2 weeks ago and all these ladies were talking about how amazing something was. I walked a little closer to them..ya know.. to snoop.. anyway, what I got from their conversation was this was like the most amazing hair product ever..made your hair super smooth, helps it dry 40% faster, keeps your color longer, and had about 30 other uses I swear.. anyway I hurried and picked myself up a bottle and decided to try it for myself. Sure enough... I LOVE IT! It makes your hair SOOO incredibly soft, shiny, and smooth. If you do hair, you can also mix it in with your color and bleach as well.
Okay so Braun's cousin came and stayed with us this weekend (BTW.. Jenn, thanks so much for staying with us! I miss you already :) ) and we were chatting about hair stuff.. well, sure enough.. she asks if I have heard of Moroccan Oil.. and that her beauty supply can't keep it in stock long enough for her to get any! THEN.. my sister asks me if I had heard of it cause she had heard how awesome this stuff is!? Anyway.. you all gotta get some. If you don't know of anyone that does hair, let me know.. I can get it for you for WAAAY cheaper than Salons sell it. (Like 50%) So if you like shine serums or creams like Biosilk, etc.. this is WAAAY better. It helps PREVENT problems and to top it off, it smells great! Oh and it works wonders on Em's fro too!
Edited to Add: I called the beauty supply (Peerless BTW) to see if they have it in stock. The one in Draper only had the large size, but are calling me when the smaller comes in. They have it in 2 sizes. The 3.4 oz is $19.00 plus tax and the 6.8 oz. is 38.00 plus tax! Here is what they said about it:

The reason it helps your hair dry faster is because it goes into the cuticle and pushes the moisture out of it. It coats the cuticle of the hair making your color last longer. It also rebuilds the elasticity of your hair if you are having issues with that (who isn't??) and it doesn't make your hair greasy at all! I accidentally put a TON of it through my bangs the other day and was soooo suprised it didn't turn into a grease ball. They said the reason it doesn't make it greasy is because it goes INTO your hair shaft or whatever. Anyway.. basically it is awesome stuff. If you want some, you can email me and when the beauty supply gets it I will let you know!

Next random thought.. have any of you seen TAKEN?? OH.MY.GOSH. BEST SHOW EVER!!! I am not kidding. I probably stunk so bad after that movie because I was sweating like crazy. Super intense. Platinum is showing it tomorrow after their meetings if your hubby/bf works there. If I can find a babysitter (any takers??) I will be there for sure!

Sooo.. I am repainting Em's room. ICK. I painted it a while back. It is light blue.. When I go in there, my head starts to spin a little bit though. Its pretty BLUE. But want to hear what I am re-painting it to?? WHAT IT WAS BEFORE!! And Braun refuses to help me. Yeah, I should of learned from before that I don't like bright colors. Remember the craft room RE-DO?? But no... I am actually really happy about what I am doing to it now though. It will match the rest of our house but still be girly and cute. Want to see the blue? Eeew. I am taking back all the bedding too.. it isn't ME?? I need something not-so-girly.
Well little Anisten turned 1 month last week! Crazy.. it is going by WAAAY too quick. She started smiling on her own on Saturday. Oh I just LOVE it :) Such a fun little girl. Her big sister loves her too! I was so worried before I had Anisten that I was going to have a hard time "sharing" the attention. I was worried that Emery would feel bad having a new baby around.. but no. She has done so good. She is always wanting to help with her.. oh I am just loving it all! I tried getting a picture of the 2 of them the other day.. Em wouldn't sit still so it didn't really work out. Don't mind her creepy eyes.




I got out of the shower and put my hair into a bunch of braids to see how funny it would look the next morning. Eeew.. that was HORRIBLE idea.
So.. I am allergic to my wedding ring after having Anisten. Weird. I am pretty sure it happened with Emery too, but not near this bad. I can't even wear it for a minute without it starting to itch me like crazy. Any tips on what I should do? It makes me sad that I can't wear it! Weird thing is, I can wear it on my right hand with no problem. HECK that is annoying!

Have any of you heard of ihategreenbeans.com If you like the Bachelor, you will LOVE this site. Check it out!

Does anyone know where I can find Kraft Cardstock in large packs?? Like of 25-100 pieces? I need it like.. now! In 8.5x11 please.

ANNNDDD...have any of you seen the new magazine Simply Handmade??? OMG. I am obsessed. It is a CRAFTING magazine! Teaching you how to do all sorts of crafts. Apparently they have a blog HERE. And you can sign up for the magazine HERE. Thank me for introducing you to it in the comment section below! :) hahaa...Oh I love it!

Ohh.. one more random thing. I have been asked to teach a blogging class at Pebbles in my Pocket!! Exciting eh?? Well.. what kind of things would you want to learn about blogging? I need some ideas on what to teach. Also, would you be interested in coming? What would people want to learn?? How to switch templates, add tickers, friend lists.. what else??

Okay so... this was a SUPER RANDOM post. WOW! Moroccan Oil, TAKEN, Ugly Blue Paint, 2 adorable girls, MY fro, wedding rings, i hate green beans, Kraft Cardstock, magazines and blogging classes. See.. my mind really was all over the place today!

Have a great day! I am off to put on a brazziere and clean my kitchen. Not just in my bra of course..

21 comments:

The Bakers said...

I sell stampin up and they sell Kraft paper 8.5 X 11 in packages of 40 for 7.50
http://www.stampinup.com/us/enu/543.asp
That link will let you download the current catalog and then the Kraft paper is on page 158. If you want me to order you some let me know. I can just send it to your house and you usually get it about two or three days after you order it.

Letti said...

I am going to have to have my sister get me some of that oil. I love hearing about stuff from other people because if they like it then it can't be that bad. I can't believe your litle one is one month already. I hope my pregnancy goes by that fast.

Zach and Katie Hillstead said...

hmmm i think i need some of this moroccan oil asap. and just incase you were wondering...i jinxed myself last night....andrew pooped in the tub this morning. zach walked out for a sec and came back to him picking it up and splashing it into the water...then he tried to hand some to zach as if it was a nice gift. NASTY!

The Smiths said...

Oh my gosh! I am not the only one! I have the same problem with my ring. After I had my son (which was a year ago) everytime I wear my ring it itches and I get a little red mark that hurts if I wear it more than a DAY! I am so mad. I really want to wear my ring and I haven't been able to. I have thought seriously about going to a dermatologist but just haven't gotten around to it yet. If you have any ideas or suggeations I would be forever grateful to know what they are.

Morgan said...

Oh my gosh...I just painted Max's room all blue because I am doing the Cat in The Hat room from Pottery Barn Kids. Wow. It is really blue. I keep walking in there and just staring because it is so blue. But it matches the bedding perfect and is totally fun and boyish so I will just have to get over the fact that it is so blue and the rest of my house is all tan! My friend Diana on my blog is allergic to her wedding ring too after she had her baby a year ago! She had to buy a fake ring because she is allergic to the gold (white gold) on her ring!! Bummer!!

Cherice said...

Tara, you seriously crack me up. I had fun w ya the other night at the movie and dinner. I can't wait to see it agin tomorrow. It was SO intense. I may just have you get me some of that hair stuff!! It sounds like something my hair could tottally use!!!

The Robisons said...

Ugly blue paint? Rude, I have the same color in my house, but only on one wall. Can't wait to try the oil. Pebbles may have some cardstock. We call one that looks similar to that Oatmeal. Can't wait for you to teach the class, and I also can't wait to try the oil. Does it really make your hair dry faster?

The Robisons said...

I guess I can't wait to try the oil. I said that twice in my last post. Simply Handmade is the magazine I got that cute owl pattern from. I love it!

the hogan's said...

Tara you are so funny! We really need to meet in person one of these days! My hubby went to Taken the other night with my brother but I thought it looked to freaky so I went to New in Town with my brothers fiance, but maybe I'll have to go to Taken now. And Im for sure buying that Oil stuff, Im so into getting my hair healthy and soft right now! My sister has her hair license but what stores sale it?? And what Pebbles are you teaching at?

troy and erin said...

I think I need to try that Moroccan Oil! Where do I get it, and how much is it? BTW, your girls are darling!

ashlan said...

I love that stuff, just be care full of the red dyes in it (depending on the company that manufactures it). The one they carry at West cost has red dye 40 in it and it will cause blondes to go brassy. Other than that its the best stuff ever invented, well next to my car litter bag!

Crystal :@) said...

I will have to agree with you on how intense that movie was! I seriously never want my daughter to travel without me haha!
P.S Alaya is still doing awesome at potty training. She is waking up with dry diapers during her naps now. Did you get that Elmo movie? If so has it done any good for her?

Lindsey said...

I don't know if someone said this yet or not, but if you paint clear nail polish on the inside of your ring where it touches your skin, that should help it not to cause that irritation. It does wear off so you may have to continually do that. Also, getting it cleaned at the jeweler in the sonic AND steamed should help get some germs and such off it. Good luck!

*LAYLA and AUSTIN* said...

Why oh why are we so random!? I will help you paint emery's room. It will be good practice and when I need a room painted (which will hopefully be soon) you can help me! :) p.s. I'll go to your blogging class...I still can't figure out how to put a picture as my headed! Ugh, how annoying!

ashswindler said...

Okay now I want some of that oil stuff and you are one of the only people I know who does hair. Will you get me one of the smaller bottles next time you are at the store? I'm happy to pay in advance. Please? :)

Mike and Felisha said...

Tara I love how random you are!! Hahaha I will for sure need to get some of that oil!! Oh and Katie if u read this hahaha I was waiting to see who's child wld poop first after our conversation last night hahaha

The Finches said...

First off... I LOVE morrocan oil. I tell everyone to buy it. Plus its so awesome on extensions! Second.. Taken is THE BEST movie!!! So good! I was holding my breath the whole time.

Kara Denise... said...

You did stink...I wasn't going to say anything but since you admit it, I don't have to feel like a jerk.

The Marks said...

Hi tara you probably dont remember me because we never have really talked but we went to high school together Krystal Hammond but anyways I love your blog I read karas and found yours I especially love you tutorial post I posted a link to it on my blog I hope you don't mind. If you do let me know. But you post lots of fun stuff thanks.

Ashley said...

I love that moroccan oil!!! I used it in a color and bleach job last week and loved the results. I use it every time I shampoo. It works great to detangle little girls hair too!!

Amy said...

Hey Tara, thanks for the shout out! Your girls have the cutest names ever. Love your blog!

Amy
Simply Handmade

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...