Monday, January 5, 2009

Toots!!

I just came across another bunch of tutorials and thought I would compile a list for all of you.. I know there are a lot of "I want to be more CRAFTY" resolutions this year. This might help :)

Edited to Add: I wish I had the time to come up with all of this information! I have had some tutorial lists starred for awhile now, and just compiled THOSE lists into one! Other people did the work. Like this lovely lady Elizabeth Carroll, This Website, Whip Up, and I think thats it!

For Baby:

Baby Bib, Chickpea Sewing Studio
Fabric Beach Balls, The Purl Bee
Bias Tape Bib, The Purl Bee
Quick Cozy Blankie, The Purl Bee
Reversible Baby Shoes, Maked

For Kids:

Blind Contour Drawing, Camp Creek Blog
Shadow Puppets, Arounna Khounnaraj for Bloesem Kids
Fabric Collage, Arounna Khounnaraj for Bloesem Kids
Fabric Skittles, London Mummy
Fabric Dollhouse, UK Lass in US
Black Apple Doll, The Black Apple
Kids Art T-Shirt, A Bit of This and a Bit of That
Pencil Roll & Art Bag, Red Current for Whip Up
Lunch Bag, Skip to my Lou
Felt Doughnuts, Skip to my Lou
Matryoshka Doll Tooth Fairy Pillow, Goody-Goody
Bean Bag Chair, Michael Miller Fabrics
Molly Monkey, Mmmcrafts
Pillowcase Dress, Maya Made
Eve Softie Toy, Instructables
Child’s Tent, Boutique Nutmeg Designs for Sew, Mama, Sew
Kimono Wrap*, Habitual
Toadstool Cottage & Mushroom House*, The Little House by the Sea
Growth Chart, Unraveled
Five Stones: Japanese Bean Bags, Honey & Daisy
Felted Sweater Animals, Martha Stewart
Calico Kitty*, Cherryskin
Paper Pinwheels, Ohdeedoh
Eraser Stamps, Geninne’s Art Blog
Lazy Days Skirt, Oliver + S
Recycled Cardboard Dollhouse, Esprit Cabane
Snow Globe Soap, Secret Agent Josephine for Alpha Mom
I Spy Quilts, Make and Takes

For the Home:

Crochet Heart, Bella Dia
Fabric Gift Bags, Jo Calvert for Canadian Living
Fabric Vase Covers, How About Orange
Papier Mâché Bowls, Painted Fish Studio
Easy Roman Shades, A Merry Mishap
Fabric Bird, Spool Sewing
Fabric Calendar, I Heart Linen
Wine Tote, Kathryn Goodman for Sewing Republic
Mushroom, My Little Mochi
Pom Pom, Molly Chicken
Butterfly Collage*, Ali Edwards
Toadstool, Lucy Kate Crafts
Rice Pillow, Wise Craft
Napkin Set, Angharad
Quilted Patchwork Hot Pads, Coyote Craft for Sew Mama, Sew
Picnic Blanket with Rock Pockets, House on Hill Road for Sew, Mama, Sew
Phone Charging Basket, Oh, Fransson!
Matryoshka Note Paper & Labels, A Print a Day
Fortune Cookie, Lady Harvatine
Yoyo Coaster*, Sew Take a Hike
Pleasant Kitchen Dishtowels, Alicia Paulson
Oven Mitts, Soozs
Fabric Covered Boxes, Wink Designs
Plate Transfers, Skinny Laminx for Design Sponge
Doily Bowl*, Jane Schouten for Design Sponge
Felt Votive Holder, Kate Pruitt for Design Sponge
Felted Sweater Flowers, Betz White for Craft Magazine
Ribbon Bookmarks*, Wee Wonderfuls
Fabric Bucket, Pippijoe
Recycled Bath Mat, New York Etsy Street Team

Clothing & Accessories:

5-Minute Skirt, Angry Chicken
DIY ipod Cover, Jannypie
Tape Measure Pouch, Ric Rac
1-Hour Bag, Ric Rac
10-Minute Headband, Blue Bird Studio
Felted Wool Bag, JCasa Handmade
Reversible Shoulder Bag, Lula Louise
Japanese Knot Bag, Show Your Workings
Camera Case, Pink Penguin
Tea Towel Apron, My Spare Time
Doily Produce Bag, Scrumdillydilly
Piggy Bank Purse, Nosey Nest
Apron in an Hour, Stop Staring & Start Sewing
Bamboo Handle Purse*, Little Birdie Secrets
Monogrammed Handkerchiefs, Grosgrain
Pinch Frame Pouch, The Small Object
Japanese Coin Purse, The Purl Bee
Hobo Lunch Bag, Sewing Notions
The Gathering Apron, The Cottage at Frog Creek

For Sewing:

Wildflower Pincushion*, Anna Maria Horner for Better Homes and Gardens
Five Point Ribbon Flower, Pin Tangle
Ric Rac Dahlias, Made with Love by Hannah
Simple Machine Applique, Oh, Fransson! for Sew, Mama, Sew
Fabric Labels, Linda Permann for Craft Stylish
How to Felt Sweaters, Crafty Pod for Craft Stylish
Fabric Stamping, Lena Corwin for Design Sponge
Square Deal Pincushion, Heather Bailey

For the Holidays:

Felt Snowflakes, The Purl Bee
Flower Garland, Zakka Life
Little House Ornaments, Pimp Stitch
Recycled Christmas Tree, Just Like Martha
Elfies Embroidery Pattern, Allsorts
Tomorrowland Trees, Wise Craft
Felted Candy Canes, Felt Café
Pomander, Betz White
Paperless Origami, Jeffery Rudell for Craft Stylish
Woodland Ornaments, Elsie Marley for Sew, Mama, Sew

*pictured above.

1. guide to the best free knitting patterns on the web
2. guide to free online knitting resources
3. mammoth list of festive tutorials
4. sizeable list of tutorials: bags … pouches & purses
5. handmade knickers
6. print on demand publishers
7. guide to crochet flowers
8. best and grooviest embroidery design resources
9. Your guide to online stitch instructions
10. craft sampler packs

1. bath bomb surprise - by contributor Angelina
2. sizeable list of tutorials: bags … pouches & purses
3. Stickin’ it to the pincushion - is still in the top ten posts of all time - written by Nicole
4. Wallet-Sized Fold-Up Re-Usable Shopping Bag contributed by Karla
5. ribbon pinecone ornament contributed by Jenna
6. guide to knitted + crochet slipper patterns
7. 30 minutes to a recycled sweater bag a classic tutorial from contributor Larissa
8. guide to the best free knitting patterns on the web
9. pencil roll and art bag
10. Our first knitting pattern that we posted knitting pattern: Lacy Girly Fancy Hat from contributor Alexandra
11. Tissue holder tutorial - still a classic - written by Nicole
12. and to show you all have a sense of humor - our short tampon crafts story has been unusually popular


Fifties-style bib at Living Creatively
Slip cover for a Boppy pillow from Walter+Veronica
Diaper bag by A Mingled Yarn
Roll-up travel baby chair at Canadian Living
No-sew fleece blanket at A Chelsea Morning
Felt play landscapes at PlumPudding
Decorative bunting at stitch.rip.repeat
Custom paper silhouettes at DesignSponge
Beanbag chair from Michael Miller
Felt food at Design Mom
Felt bears at Canadian Living (pictured above)

Baby Ones!

bib tutorial
growth chart
swaddle sheet set
patchwork ball
diaper and wipes case
baby hat
baby bib
crochet baby blanket
manly baby vest
cloth shoe pattern
felt baby book
baby sling
bib pattern
soft cube
vintage baby patterns

guide to baby booties
knits for babies
baby sweaters and jackets
bitty booties
itty bitty baby dress
swaddling [image shown]
crochet baby quilt
baby kimono

Clothes

Bags/Purses

Baby /Kiddo Related Patterns

Others

Other Free Pattern Resources

Hand Bags
Craft Apple's Lotus Bag
Tiny Happy's Shoulder Bag
Martha Stewart's Pillowcase Bag
Lula Louise's Reversible Shoulder Bag
Sew-Mad's Not a Funeral Bag
Lola...again's Angel Bag
Nicole Mallalieu Designs' Laptop Cover

Tote Bags
Sew Eco's Foldup tote
Cut Out + Keep's Butterflies & Fruit Pleated Tote
Vintage Ric Rac's 1 Hour Bag
Martha Stewart's Easy beach Bag for Kids
Savy Seam's Mini Duffel Bag
Artsy-craft Baby's Pleated Tote
Burda Style's Reusable Grocery Bag
Spool Sewings Grocery Tote

Wristlets & Wallets
Martha Stewart's Reversible Wrist Purse
The Cottage at frog Creek's The Wandering Sack
Show Your Working's Japanese Knot bag
Darn Kat's Quilted Wallet
Nicole Mallalieu Design's Pyramid Purse
Sew Christine's Wallet with Coin Compartment

Crafty Bags
Foofangle's Bagsket
Three Bear's Little Boxy Pouch
Pippijoe's Fabric Bucket
Sew-Mad's Camera case
Tall Poppy Craft's Basket Bag
Finny Knits Car Litter Bag
Pink Penguin's Fabric Basket

Baby Stuff
A Mingled Yarn's Hip Mama Diaper bag
Jan Andrea's Diaper Cover Bag
Stardust Shoe's Crib Sheet
Nicole Mallalieu Designs' Fifties Bib

For In Your Bag
Bella Dia's Travel Tissue Holder
Amy Butler's Business Card Holder
Still Dotie's Makeup Brush Carrier
Sew Bunny Bun's Passport Sleeve Cover
Made by Petchy's iPod Nano Cover

For Your Sewing/Crafting Supplies
Bari J's Pin Cushion
Wink Design's Sewing Needle Case
Mackville Road's Sewing bag
Spool Sewing's Sewing Machine Cover
Instructable's Ribbon Dispenser
Anna Marie Horner's Wild Flower Pin Cushion

Around the House
Foo Fangle's Simple Coasters
Penny Carnival's Paper Flowers
McCall's Memory Board
Sew-Eco's 3D butterfly frame
Elsie Marley's Tin Can Cover
Heather Bailey's Paper Globes
Owl Egg Cover
Chickpea's Reversible Placemat
Renovate & Decorate's Plywood Letter
LucyKate Crafts Strawberry Jar

Others
Amy Butler's Sweet Greetings Portfolio
The Small Object's Reusable Sandwich Wrap
Amy Butler Eye Pillow
Pink Chalk Stdio's Water Bottle Holder
Made with Love by Hannah's Ric Rac Dahlias
Zakka Life's Ribbon Rosette
Blueprint Crochet's Julie Cuff Pattern
Studio Tantrum's Dings Da Organiser
Sewing Idea's Coffee Cup Cozy


Quilts & Manchester
Amy Butler's Quilts
Amy Butler's Lotus Quilt
Jcaroline Creative Pillow Case
Amy Butler's Belle Quilt
Amy Butler's Jake's Birdie Pillow

Kids Stuff
Cut Out & Keep's Kimono Pencil Roll
Angry Chicken's Hair Clip
Nosey Nest's Piggy Bank Wallet
The Creative Family's Stuffed Art
Runing with Needles's Child Artwork into Art
Running with Neddles' Taggie Blanket
Chickpea Studio's Pinwheel Mobile
Bella Dia’s Bunting Pattern
Martha Stewart's Fabric Baby Book
The may Fly's Car Organiser
Wee Wonderful's Paper Dolls
Michael Miller's Organiser
Mama Urchin's Kids Backpack
Michael Miller's Wrist Rattle
Michael Miller's Mini Quilt
Michael Miller's Car Seat Strap Covers
Michael Miller's Quilted Pillow
UK Lass in US Fabric Dollhouse
Floating World View's Stroller Liner

Softies
Elephant on Craftster
One Red Robin's Ruby Doll
Revoluzza's Robot
Bella Dia's Simple Monster
Missy Balance's Bunny
Wee Wunderfuls' Bunny
Betz White's Cashmere Bunny
Bella Online's Bunny
Treeling from Craftzine
Lucy Kate Craft's Toadstool
Mouse from Craftzine
Amy Butler's Cozy Kitty Pillow
Missy Balance's Doll
Martha Stewart's Black Apple Doll
Allsorts' Scotty Dog
Wise Craft's Flowers
Martha Stewart's Lamb, Pig and Chicken
My Little Mochi's Chibi Cat and Rabbit
Little Bird's Xmas Tree
Craft Leftover's Xmas Ornaments
Spool Sewing's Bird
Wee Wonderful's Bear & Bunny
Revoluzza's Ikea Fabric Tree
Craftstylish's Itty Bitty Oddity
Michael Miller's Baby Blocks
Michael Miller's Baby Rings
The Long Thread's Rocketman
Bella Dia's Miss Molly Monk

Softies - Food
Vintage Ric Rac's Teapot
Skip to My Lou's Donut
Lily Bean's Market's Felt fortune Cookie
Lady Harva Time's Fabric Fortune Cookie
Felt Cake
Kwoozy Carrot
Cherry Mix's Cupcake
Mr Monkey Suit's Felt Strawberries
DaciaRay's Pear

Ornaments
Pimp Stitch's Little House Ornament
Bug's & Fishes Hearts & Stars Ornaments
Pretty Little Things' Angel, Snail and Heart Xmas Ornaments

Kids Clothing
Habitual's Kimono
Make Baby's Stuff's Simple Pants
Heather Bailey's Bitty Booties
The May Fly's Smock
Martha Stewart's Kimono
Supafine's Apron
What Did She Do Todays? Reversible Wrap Skirt
Foo Fangle's Headband
Craftsanity's Simple Pants
The Long Thread's Ruffle Skirt
Heather Bailey's Hooray for Headbands
Running with Needle's Headband
The Stuff I Live For's Dress & Skirt In One
Kathryn Ivy's Summerlin Dress
Marie Claire Idees' Barboteuse + Instructions
Marie Claire Idee's Bloomers + Instructions
Marie Claire Idee's Blouse
Marie Claire Idee's Manteau jacket
Marie Claire Idee's Mache sleep suit
Marie Claire Idee's Robe champetre dress
Marie Claire Idee's Dress
Marie Claire Idee's Dress
Michael Miller's Bib
Sew Mama Sew's Child's Pool Robe
Habitual's Sundress Pattern

Clothing
Amy Butler's Scarf
See Mommy Sew Maternity Skirt
Angry Chicken's 5 Minute Skirt
Soleful Slippers

Aprons
A Feathered Nest's Quick & Easy Apron
The mikkelsens' Simple tea towel apron
Spool Sewing's Chef's Apron
Just Tute's Double Tie Wrap Pants
Home Companion's Sweet Treat Apron

Embroidery
Badbird's Little Dutch Girl
Wee Wunderful's Bear & Bunny
Pimp Stitch's Party Time
Pimp Stitch's Party Owl & Cupcake



Now I am off to attempt some cute pictures of my kids.. We will see they turn out! :)

20 comments:

ashlan said...

I love you and your ideas. I didn't even have to compile my NYR you just took care of it. Thanks! Second I can't believe how much you get done with a new born, you are amazing!

Hayley Neil said...

Holy crap Tara! Thanks! Post those pictures of your girlies asap!

Melissa said...

Congrats on your baby! She's SO cute and I love the name! not that you ever answer my questions, BUT I figured I'd try.......where did you get her blanket? The zebra/bright pink one? I want it for my up-coming baby!!!! I NEED it! If you made it, can you make me one?....and I really do want to come to your house sometime to buy stuff before my baby comes in March!(if you'll let me) ...I'll wait till your life settles down though.

Jennie B. said...

HFS! That's quite the list! Thanks!

Letti said...

Wow thank you for taking the time to find all of these. I can't wait to take a look at all of them

The Robisons said...

Holy Smokes Tara. How did you have time to find all of these? I swear you just had a baby. ;) Thanks though. I love you for it!

Joslyn said...

My comment was pretty much going to be identical to the "Robisons"......Didn't you just have a baby???? Wow! You're super woman! Thanks for all the tutorials! :) It will keep me occupied for days!

Jed and Sabrina said...

wowzers!!! I can't believe you compiled that much info into one place, and one post, how do you find the time?!!!
Are you gonna keep up your craft night, not any time soon of course! I would love to come.
What sweet girlies you have, how fun!

Zach and Katie Hillstead said...

i can't even believe you have that many links! where do you find all of this! this will keep me busy...i am excited i have lots of extra fabric to use on some of these ideas!

unmth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gentri said...

I love her name Tara, that is just so beautiful! But, how did you type all of that and take care of not only a new baby, but a toddler and yourself? You are the coolest person I know!!

The Thueson's said...

Oh I wish I had the time to find them all! I copied a bunch of lists together into one. It took me like 20 minutes. Not bad at all!

Buckland Family said...

Are you kidding me? Who has that much time to compile all of those and post them? You are super woman!

*LAYLA and AUSTIN* said...

I just have to agree with the comment from Melissa...I love the zebra/bright pink blanket. I want one for ME and maybe a baby if I ever have one and it is a girl. Where or where did you get it? I bet you made it huh? I want one! Also, when should I come tomorrow? Text me in the morning/afternoon and let me know when the best time would be! I will be home around 4 so sometime around or after 6 would probably be best for me (if I am making something that is..). Missy might come with me if that is okay! Talk to you tomorrow! Hope you are getting some sleep right now and not up till the wee hours like me!

Jenny said...

WOW! Thank you for putting this together. I made the fabric flowers you posted awhile back and it was lots of fun!

elizabethcarroll said...

Thanks for the shout out! Congrats on your new daughter! :)

The McGraths said...

I'm dying about how crafty you are! This list is the best thing If ever stumbled upon while blog hopping. I'm not creepy I promise. Just crafty and just needed to thank you for this list. I'm sure it will keep me busy for years!

Lori said...

thank you for the link! wow, this is quite a list! :^)

fabric labels said...

Thanks for the effort. I will put this into good use. Best wishes to you and your family.

Unknown said...

Hello
I have just discovered the Marie Claire Idees baby diaper cover and I think it is wonderful. I would like to make one for my granddaughter but I am unable to access the instructions. It continually states that there is an error. I can get the pattern. Would you still have the instructions available and possibly send them to me. I would be so appreciative.Thank you

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...