Friday, January 2, 2009

Her Story...

I like to document EVERY LITTLE DETAIL and this is what I journaled the day after she came. Maybe it is a little too detailed for the good ole' blog, but I am too lazy now to change it.

Monday, December 29th 2008
I woke up at around 6:40 AM and waited for the hospital to call me. They had said they would call at 6AM to tell me when I needed to come in. I layed in bed for a few hours. I couldn’t sleep. I was way too impatient. Around 8AM I turned on the TV and watched a little bit. That woke Braun up. How could he be sleeping at a time like this?? Around 8:45 I decided I couldn’t wait any longer and I was going to call them. I did..They asked me if I could come in at 10.. of course I could!! I hurry and hopped out of bed, got in the shower so I could get all cleaned up and ready for the big day. Oh I was so excited!! This was such a change from Emery’s birth. I love having it planned so that I had time to get the house spick and span, clothes washed, bags packed, carseat ready.. everything! We got to the hospital a little bit late. It was about 10:10. I was waiting for them to tell me that something had happened and I had to go home and come the next day. This couldn’t be it!! Sure enough, it was though! They put us in a room and told me to get in my hospital gown. Braun and I took a few pictures of my pregnant belly and then I got into my gown.


The nurse came in and gave me my IV. I think that was the most painful part of the whole process. Epidural included. The other nurse checked me. I was dialated to a 3 ½ and 90% effaced. They started the Pitocin at about 10:45. The contractions started within about 10-15 minutes. They were coming every 2 minutes. I could handle the pain. It wasn’t too bad. She asked if I wanted an epidural yet and I said no. She told me that the anesthesiologist was in a C-Section for another hour and so she hoped I didn’t need it by then. He came in around noon and gave me my epidural. I was at a 4 and still 90% effaced. I could of handled the contractions for longer, but they were about to break my water and I didn’t want there to be ANY chance of me not getting that epidural after that. I dialate really quickly once I start and the thought of NOT having an epidural scared me to death! The epidural wasn’t bad AT ALL! The IV was much worse. I remember feeling a weird pop last time, nothing like that this time. Right when the epidural started kicking in, I immediately got nauseaus. I threw up twice. Good thing that I had only drank cranberry juice that morning! The epidural instantly made me EXHAUSTED!!! I could barely keep my eyes open. I felt bad because my family was all there and I didn’t want to go to sleep. So I tried and tried to keep my eyes open. After they broke my water, I went really quick. At 1:30 I was at a 6 and still 90%. At 2:00 I was at a 7 and fully effaced. Braun and my family had went downstairs to get some lunch. They had been gone about 10 minutes when I started throwing up again. It was the strangest thing. It came on so quick! I threw up twice again and then was totally fine. The nurse came in and checked me at 2:20 and I was at a 9. She called the doctor to come up and told me to get my husband back up to! I was so excited. This all came so soon! I thought I would be in labor for a lot longer than I had been. It had been about 3 and a half hours so far. Braun got back up there and we just waited for the doctors! :)


The doctors came in and got all situated with their things. That is when it really hit me. I couldn’t believe that she was already coming today. Looking back, this pregnancy flew by. It really did. Even though I had been so uncomfortable for months, it was all about to become soooo worth it. I could hardly wait. At 2:45 all of the family was out in the hall and I was ready to push. I could feel her so low in my pelvis. I pushed through my first set of contractions. I could totally feel my legs. I felt all of the pressure. It felt like my epidural was wearing off and that scared the krap out of me. I grabbed my legs and started pushing again. I wasn’t ready but at the same time I was so ready. Sounds weird. The doctor said he could see a full head of dark curly hair. Her head came out after the first push in that set. I guess she was trying to turn her body on her way out. So I had to wait to push again until they turned her. Braun said that the doctor just grabbed her head and twisted it. It is nuts how they can be so rough on the babies. Braun was so good to have there. He talked me through every push. I pushed through my third and final set of contractions and she was out. She let out a little cry and that was it. She was so calm once she got out. The nurse placed her on my belly and Braun cut the umbilical cord. She had this gooey stuff all over her body. It was like a thick coating of white chapstick all over her body. So strange! I loved her from the moment I saw her. She is so adorable. They put her on the table and weighed her. .6 pounds 15 ounces. 18 inches long. She scored an 8 on the apgar the first 5 minutes and a 9 the second time. She is beautiful and healthy! When the nurse was cleaning her off, she was holding onto the nurses shirt as tight as she could! Cute :) It is amazing how different she looks than Emery. She is such a beautiful little baby and we are so lucky to have her in our family. She is going to be loved so much! My family left and got me some Wingers for lunch. After not eating anything all day, and throwing up what little I did have in my stomach I was starving. I tried nursing her and she latched right on. She ate for about 15 minutes and then kind of fell back asleep. She would really only keep one eye open at a time. It was adorable. She didn’t seem swollen at all at the time, but now that it is a day later.. she looks like a whole new baby. Her body is so different than Emery’s. She has chubby short legs, short little toes, and came out with such long fingernails. I have already had to cut them.

Braun took her into the nursery and helped the nurse bathe her. They put two cute little bows in her hair and gave her a cute little Mohawk. I could hardly wait for them to get back from the nursery. I tried sleeping and couldn't.. after what seemed like forever they brought her back to me. It is amazing how much you can already love someone that you just barely met. I can't even remember what our family was like without her.

And now.. presenting Anisten Dawn Thueson.






A little swollen here! I do love those chubby cheeks that she had for a few days though :)



Don't mind my husbands sweaty pits. I am pretty sure he ruined our first family picture together due to his perspiration issues.





And this is her right now as I blog. Oh I could stare at her all day :)
Was she worth the wait?? Most definately.


24 comments:

The Robisons said...

She is adorable. Thank you so much for letting Jace and I stop by yesterday to see her. Photoshop will fix the sweaty pits. Don't worry about a thing. ;)

thehaagas said...

I love it, I really wish I took more pictures in the hospital, I didn't look cute at all so I don't love any of them. It's so fun having her I hate how fast time goes by. I can't wait for Aniston and Kenley to meet, they are going to be cute together.

Nate and Jamie said...

Congratulations!

The Bakers said...

She is too precious. I am so happy for your little family. Congratulations

Mike and Felisha said...

So beautiful!! I think she looks like Braun in these haha sorry Tara!! As soon as Mike isn't sick anymore we are coming to see her!! You look great!!

THE BILLS FAMILY said...

She is so precious!! Makes me want to be pregnant and have another baby! There is nothing like seeing them that first time. Its amazing being a mom! Congrats!

Rommel and Christy said...

She is beautiful! And you look amazing! Congratulations!

Jennie B. said...

SO PRETTY! That last picture looks just like Braun. She's so dang cute Tara! Congratulations. I promise pregnancy is a HUGE accomplishment!

Jen Teter said...

she is beautiful and perfect! Congratulations!! And I have never seen anyone look so gorgeous DURING and AFTER labor!! I am so glad to year everything went well and both of you are happy and healthy :). Yay! I of course LOVE the name you chose! My 3 year old little girl is named Anniston. I love that we can call her Annie *I love the name Annie* but she also has a more "formal"name too lol. Great minds must think alike, because I also loved the name Paisley. My hubby said NO too lol. Anyway congrats again! You're family is beautiful.

ScottNLili said...

Ah! That made me cry! I can remember everything with Cali. What an incredible feeling to be a mom eh? I love it. She is the sweetest little baby! You guys did good, once again. Look how much she's changed in a few short days.I think every woman has an issue with their husband after the baby comes. Mine was the fact that scott wasnt able to hold her right away, due to just having surgery on his collar bone, and not being able to take a pain pill, becaues they knock him out. So sweat marks aren't a huge deal. You'll remember it for the rest of your life tho!
Good luck with everything, take it easy!

Caleb and Rachel said...

She is gorgeous Tara and that is a cute now... congrats. You having your baby makes me want to have mine soon. we'll see how that goes.

Hayley Neil said...

She is so beautiful! Great job Tara! I am so glad to read all the details, you did awesome! Congratulations on your new addition to your darling family!

The Hulls said...

She is adorable!! Congratulations!

The Hulls said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brady, Emily, Brinklee said...

She is beautiful and I LOVE her name! I can't believe how cute she is. Good job with all the hard work of labor!

Jason, Mindi, Porter, and Ellery said...

Oh my cutness! She is so pretty. And her name is so cute. CONGRATS!

*LAYLA and AUSTIN* said...

I think she is going to look like you Tara!! She is adorable. I just love her hair and her cheeks! I can't believe how different she looks in just a few days! You just have the cutest little family! Can I come see her again soon!? Oh and thank you for all of the details...it gave me a little bit of an insight on child birth and I loved it! The throwing up 4 times scared me a little bit...but it seems worth it! I want one! =)

Melissa (Missy) Eva Streiff said...

oh great I am going to start crying again! Congrats tara (and braun) she is soooo cute. I like the middle name too tara it sounds good all together! Oh gosh i'll have to come see her again when she is a little older and I wont be so worried about breaking her! lol

Ashley said...

She is so cute! I want to come and see her. Is emery starting to realize what it means to have a new addition in the family? :) I'm glad you guys were able to choose a name! It's super cute!

Zach and Katie Hillstead said...

Ok I could cry from reading that. Lately I am such a softy when it comes to birth and all that! She is seriously soooo adorable. We want to come see her! AND I would really like to bring you dinner sometime this week. I will call you and set something up. Your little family is seriously so cute. And when you feel up to it you can come over anytime! The four of us need to get together sometime since we are neighbors now! Zach always talks about how much he loves Braun:) Call you soon!

Rachel said...

Tara.. she is adoreable! I can't wait to see her and hold her again. I can't wait to have another little one making my life crazy! They are the best things EVER! I am so happy for you and Braun. Can't wait to all hang out again!

Kara Denise... said...

That's it! I need to come see her this next week! I am so excited for your little family! Emery looks adorable as the big sister too!

Joslyn said...

She is so cute and Emery looks so grown up holding her! You look great Tara! I love Anisten's bassinet (was that the bassinet with the black and white?) and I love the black and white zebra blanket and the soft blanket in the very last picture.

The Morris Family said...

So beautiful!! I am so glad that everything went well. I love being induced. It really is so much more relaxing than going in to labor in the middle of the night!! Emery looks like such a proud big sister!!

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...