Monday, January 26, 2009

Baby Legs, Blankets and FRO's!

Our Sundays are filled with crafting since I don't take Anisten to church yet. Yesterday was a good crafty day too! I made a bunch of Baby Legs for Anisten and Emery using THIS tutorial here...
It looks like they just used regular socks.. I actually used knee highs. They end up being the same length as Baby Legs.

And the finished product:




Project Cost: For 6 pair, it came to $11.02 which is less than what I paid for a single pair of Baby Legs. I have purchased so many pairs of Baby Legs before and I absolutely love them. They are totally worth the $12 that they sell them for! BUT now.. I don't think I will buy anymore! They took about 2 minutes per pair.

And the blanket from the other day! The finished size was 30x30. Perfect for a baby. Too bad Emery thinks it is hers!! :) If I were going to make it for Emery, I would probably make it 45x45..





Ooh and Em got her first hair cut! Last week when I straightened her hair, I noticed how bad her ends were and the crazy mullet she was sportin'!!

Here she is checking out her new doo!

Poor girls hair is NEVER going to look long. Check out how long it is in the first picture where I am pulling out the curls??!! Looks like it will be a FRO for awhile! :)

9 comments:

Letti said...

I love her hair. I would love to have a little girl with curls like that. It looks great.

Kara Denise... said...

What a great tutorial for baby legs! I can't wait to start making them!

Ryan and Jannali said...

love the baby leggings they are soo cute! and I love Anisten's blanket. your girls are lucky they have such a cool crafy mom :D

The Thatchers said...

TARA!! Oh my gosh!! You are SO freakin awesome!! I LOVE the blanket. I LOVE the baby legs. Teach me how to make them!! I got a sewing machine for my birthday. And I buy baby legs for Brynlee all the time! Emery is such a doll. And you are freakin skinny already!! How do you do it?? Call me! I really want to make those!!!!!

Hayley Neil said...

Oh geez! I am going to go buy some socks to make baby legs today!!! Thanks Tara! Those are super cute! Love the baby legs, love the blanket, love Em's curly hair, love how skinny and cute you are with dark hair, love that I get to see you next week!

Joslyn said...

you don't even look like you had a baby last month!! You look awesome Tara! Those baby legs and the blanket are so cute!

The Robisons said...

are you ever gonna send me a picture?

Travis and Sadi said...

I love the baby legs! So cute. You could seriously sell them along with all the other cute little girl stuff you make! Where did you buy the cute knee high socks for so cheap at? Love the baby blanket and Em's straight little hair!

Mike and Felisha said...

Ok first off I seriously love how crafty you are you truely inspire me:) Second holy cow you look amazing how old is Anisten? I love Emery's hair I seriously love her little curls!!Haha let's get together soon!! I know I keep saying that but we need to I know Brynlee will love seeing Emery!! (especially now that Emery is nice to her!!)

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...