Monday, December 15, 2008

This Weekend...

was super fun! Friday we went and did a food drive for Platinum (Brauns work!) Our goal was to double the highest donation of 17,000 pounds. We knocked on doors for about 5 hours and collected it. Everyone did such an awesome job and we totally hit our goal!!! I guess that much food will feed all the people for 3-4 months. It felt really good to participate in such a big event!



Braun, his brother Cade and wife Kelsie!
After we went and had a white elephant exchange! I walked away with 20 bucks!! Yeahooo! :) Friday night I watched my cute little niece Kendall. When her and Em get together, they are nuts. They go from one thing to the next the whole day. They just love each other so much though.. it is so cute to watch them. I straightened Kendalls hair (she has curls KIND OF like Em..not as tight though!) Isn't she cute?? I sure hope I have a cute little red head someday. Oh I just love her!

Saturday was spent watching those 2 girls.. that night though, Jenna, Matt, Braun and I went and partied like animals!! Yeah right, we just went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse but it sure was a blast. Anytime Jenna and I get together, its a great time! Braun and Matt were best friends growing up so it is really fun for all of us! And of course, I forgot to take pictures. We headed to Best Buy after dinner. I think I finally have talked Braun into getting a TV for our bedroom. So we went there to check them out. We ended up getting a heck of a deal on one that we couldn't pass up! So we got us an early Christmas present! Which then made us late to a suprise party for our friend Austin!! (which of course, there are no pictures of either..Layla, could you hurry and post some so I can get on that??!)

Yesterday, we celebrated Thanksgiving/My moms birthday at my sisters house! Since our Thanksgiving was sorta ruined this year, we figured we should try to make up for it. We had a great time celebrating my moms birthday too! I got her the new Juicy perfume (which by the way.. it smells AMAZING!!) too bad she has a cold and couldn't even smell it. Woops. Hopefully you will like it later! Anyway, what a boring post.. I need to be better at taking pictures lately. Here is 1 from last week!
Is there a book on potty training a 2 year old? If so, I need it. This is rough!



I had contractions all day yesterday. Last night they were 2 to 3 minutes apart. I couldn't sleep at all. Yuck. I am happy that I didn't go in though cause I am sure they would of sent me home. Actually, they for sure would of. I OBVIOUSLY didn't go into labor! :( I am really stressing about having this baby before the New Year. Brauns company is switching insurance which means that if I DON'T have her on the 29th as planned.. then I can't deliver at the hospital I have been planning on. I have to go to Provo. UGH!! AND it will cost me a few thousand dollars more. UGH AGAIN!! Well, lets just hope she comes soon and before the New Year! Is the "hibbidy-jibbidy" the only thing that will help me dialate?? What else can get this baby coming? Maybe if I just do them all right after one another, she will come. I am not even kidding.. give me some more TIPS!!

P.S. Craft night is tomorrow!! Send me an email to tarathueson at gmail dot com if you are 100% for sure able to come. I need to get something planned :)

P.S.S. I still need to pick a winner (I know.. sorry!) AND have a ton of emails I need to respond to! I will get on that soon.. promise!

8 comments:

April said...

The food drive looks like a HUGE success! I wish i could go to more of the work stuff, everyone always has such a great time. But having four kids has it's own rewards.

Lignell Family said...

tara, I know this will sound like a weird way to stimulate dilation, but I had a bunch of people at work tell me it worked for them.... if you massage your nipple as if a baby were breast feeding it helps get things moving along... it helps if you do it in a warm bath. Then the body thinks you have started to labor and everything moves a little quicker. I tried it 2 days before I had Hayden... so maybe it works??

Heather said...

maybe if you told your doctor your situation he would induce you before the new year if you dont start on your own?

Mike and Felisha said...

I just text you about getting together tomorrow night!! The food drive was fun wait til you see the pics of Em!! Haha she sure can give some crusty looks!! I have no advice my sister did EVERYTHING we have ever heard of to go into labor and she went into false labor for 2 days and then nothing. I've heard some people say walking helps...I personally scrubbed my whole house(since we were getting ready to move in) and ate a spicy chicken sandwich from Wendy's and I had her the next morning. I really believe she will come when she wants. Sorry that doesn't help much!!

Melissa (Missy) Eva Streiff said...

Tara I am certainly glad you got pictures of the food drive! you and I worked so hard knocking those doors!! ..and thank you sooooo much if you had any part in the wonderful white elephant gift we received from everyone! Jason just loved it! lol

The Elder Clan said...

TEYLOR!!!! WHAT THE HECK IS UP!!!! Man, i loved this post!! and i couldn't be happier about that picture of her sitting in her little toilet. But teylor, my word i would thrilled if you came to my class!! the days are kind of screwed up becuase of the holidays, some days are cancelled and they just let me know when i'm able to teach..but i'll keep you posted for sure!

Ashley said...

For the potty training advice, just be consistent. That is what has seemed to work for my 2 year old. He still has accidents sometimes but most the time we are good to go. Good luck with the delivery of baby #2 how exciting!

ScottNLili said...

Nipple stimulation works...if you do it for hours on end. So dont cuz your boobs will just get sore fast. Theres really no good way to get the wee ones here. My trick, however broke my water. I did jumping jacks, jumped on my bed, took long walks around the block, and i marched my butt off on the walks. I did those things for 1 day, that night my water broke. So take em on a walk, and march march march, then come home and jump!!!
PS. I read about a lady that will come to your house and potty train your toddler in 3 hours. 2 of my cousins did it and it worked.

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...