Monday, December 22, 2008

Appointment UPDATE!!

Update! No water breaking at the appointment. Everything looked great! I lost 2 pounds from last week which is nuts because I have been eating like a freakin' pig! My stomach was measuring 1.5 weeks earlier but apparently thats okay?? I didn't have them strip my membranes this time. I need/want to wait it out! I was dialated to a 3 and 80%. Last week they told me I was fully effaced (they didn't give me a percentage, so I assumed 100%) So that makes me wonder.. at what percentage are you FULLY effaced? Is 80% considered full or can you UN-efface? Eh.. whatever. I have NO MORE appointments!! The hospital is calling me on this Sunday afternoon and telling me when to come in on Monday morning to have her! :) YEESSSSS!!!

Also... I am wanting to start packing our bags for the hospital. I remember thinking last time.. "I wish I would of brought this or that.." BUT of course I don't remember now. Sooo.. thats where all of you come in handy! What was on your hospital packing list? What did you bring that you didn't need? What did you wish you would of had that you forgot?

Only 6 more days!! I can do it! I am so ready. My house is clean, organized, baby room is ready, clothes washed, christmas shopping is done, cards are out (OH WAIT, no they're not.. I really slacked this year on those. Maybe I can do an eCard!) .. anyway, I finally feel prepared for something in my life. That NEVER happens!

Oh shoot.. she still needs a name.

7 comments:

Jon & Maria Ison said...

Yeah so I'm a dork and I check your blog at least once or twice a day to see if you've gone into labor yet. =P Don't forget your ipod! I forgot mine while in the hospital this last time and was upset. Hmmm what about movies? Make sure to back all of your toilettries including pads. If you have a robe, you might want to bring that as well. I don't know if you keep a journal aside from your blog or do scrapbooking but I brought along a notepad so I could write my experience down as much as I could while I was in labor and then just to record things after my baby had arrived and the couple of days while in the hospital. Bring your cell phone charger. ;) I forgot mine and made my hubs go home and get it. Don't forget neccessities for your little one as well. =)

Team Fraser said...

bring your own pillow!! I bet that is already on your list but it is a must have!! Good Luck Monday!

Caleb and Rachel said...

Pillow, your own blanket, clothes to wear home, CAMERA AND VIDEO CAMERA, Robe or a light jacket (I just wore it over my sweet hospital get up so when people came to visit I was positive everything was not hanging out like it tends to do in the nursing gowns.

Blankets for the baby, burp cloth, outfit for the baby, socks for the baby,

Joe and Rindi said...

Good luck! I brought tons of movies and ended up just having visitors the whole time and not using anything I brought. Figures. I hope you have a quick, painless delivery and that she comes happy and healthy! I seriously can't even remember what I brought or used other than that. . . oh yeah, I brought my own body wash and shampoo so I would smell good. I just don't like the hospital crap. Also, snacks for Braun. Joe got so dang hungry!

ScottNLili said...

Hmm. Lets see. Since my water broke, i didnt have time to pack myself a bag. But i did go the day before and buy travel size soaps, shampoo, cond., toothbrush and a loofah at target. So just in case you forget them, its only a dollar so it doesnt matter.
Dont bring any clothes, cuz your probly gonna just stay in the gown, at least I did. have your hubby bring you somthing the day you go home so you dont have your stuff sitting around your room. Dont bring a diaper bag, they give you three....and movies. I was bored. I hope things go well for ya! Good luck with everything!!

The Morris Family said...

Good luck with everything & hope you guys have a great Christmas!!

Jonathan and Kiri said...

Good luck with your delivery! Pretty impressive that you're on top of things...except for the whole name thing! haha That was pretty funny! I hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas!

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...