Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008...

Today has been a crazy day. I spent the night with my older sister in the ER. We found out she has a blood clot on her brain after going to 3 different ER's, having a million tests done and her constant headache for the past 7 days. It has been quite a depressing day to say the least. I am not really in any kind of mood to blog, but if you could keep a prayer in your hearts for her. It is really serious and really scary for our family to say the least.

There is so much to be thankful for today...I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

Jason & Casey Coutts said...

So sorry to hear about your sister. Hope things get better. We will keep her and your family in mind.

*LAYLA and AUSTIN* said...

I am so sorry Tara! I completely understand how family sicknesses can consume your emotions and life entirely. You seem to be a wonderful support to her at this time though, and that is exactly what she needs right now. I really hope that she gets better soon. We will keep you all in our prayers!

Kara Denise... said...

This is awful Tara. Our prayers are with you guys. I hope this situation gets better fast too. So sorry.

Jon and Maria Ison said...

Heather? Oh my gosh Tara. I am so sorry to hear about this. Please know that you and your family are in my prayers.

The Clarks said...

Man! What an awful thanksgiving:( I hope she gets better soon! That makes me nervous....johnny gets headaches like crazy all the time!

Melissa said...

I'm SO sorry! I don't know if you read my blog when I recently posted about my dad having blood clots. He went to the doctor INSTEAD of the ER because we've had bad luck with ER's missing LIFE threatening things. Anyway he did end up in the hospital. He had several blood clots in both lungs. Your sister is lucky to be alive! Blood clots are def life threatening, especially once in the brain. BUT at least you found the problem. Now things should be fine. I assume she'll stay in the hospital a few days and take blood thinners for 6 months and have to go to the doc every 2-3 days for awhile. Once they catch them, things are usually fine. It's SO scary though! It happened to my dad about a month ago. I'll keep your family in my prayers! Sorry for the novel

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...