Monday, November 17, 2008

My gift to you...

I found it while searching online for something to make for Sunday dinner. I love trying out new random recipes (Well, when they work out anyway!) I had just found a delicious looking Parmesan Chicken recipe when I stumbled upon something amazing. Are you ready for it?? Here it is. I present to you.. OLIVE GARDENS ALFREDO SAUCE!! Straight from Mr. O.G. himself.
Found HERE.

Ingredients
1 1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup imported Parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 cup imported Romano cheese, grated
6 egg yolks from fresh jumbo eggs
Salt and black pepper to taste
***I also added a LITTLE garlic powder (not garlic salt) to mine, it tasted exactly like it!!*** So yummy!

1. HEAT milk and cream in a heavy bottom saucepan until it begins to simmer. Turn off heat. Slowly whip in cheese, then remove from heat.
2. PLACE egg yolks in a separate bowl and slowly whip in a portion of the hot milk and cream mixture. Slowly add egg yolk mixture back into remaining cream mixture. Place back on very low heat and continually stir until simmering. Take sauce off heat so it thickens. (This will increase temperature of egg yolks, known as tempering).
3. SEASON to taste with salt and black pepper. Serve over your favorite pasta.

Seriously, the texture, taste, everything is just the same. If any of you live close and want my cheeses, I still have them both and am sure I won't use them. They are all yours! Send me a text :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...