Friday, November 14, 2008

Another Brain Dump...

Well, I am back in bed trying to take a nap and have a million things in my head. So, where better to pour them out?? I fell asleep at 2AM this morning and had to be at set up for Oh Sweet Sadie by 6:30AM. Yuck! But, I got all set up.. things are looking great over there!! Here are a few of my purchases:

This sweet magnetic dry erase board for Em at church. She is going to love it!
Some stocking stuffers . These were 2 for $5 dollars. Seriously people... you gotta get there!

This cute magnetic calendar for my fridge!

(There was a picture right here, BUT I took it down, Mahina, you had a great point! Thanks!!)

Oh, I got a pink cookie too. That was gone before I even got home. But it was delicious. If you go, you gotta get one of those! Ooh and Christmas Decoration!! This was only $18 dollars! I love a good deal:) and I especially love that its handmade!


Also, there are 2 more Oh Sweet Sadie shows after this one. One next weekend in Bountiful (I will put another reminder up!) and one the weekend of December 4-6th in Daybreak!! There are always different vendors at all of the shows, so come to all of them if you can!

Next on the agenda.. A few people have commented and said that they can't make it to the Photoshop class tomorrow (being taught by the amazing AMY!) Well.. you are in luck. They are having another class. Here is what Amy had to say, "We're having another class on Dec. 13 from 8am-12pm for all those who can't make it this time. I also wanted to let you know, we'll be giving away a FREE Ali Edwards template CD to one lucky winner at the class!
" Yahoo!! Be sure to look 2 posts down for more info on this Saturdays class as well as the one in December..

Did any of you guys watch Oprah 2 days ago?? She is doing a 6 week "Clean up your house tour!!" It gave great ideas on how to get your house clutter free in the next 6 weeks! I am not sure how often those episodes are going to air. Anyone know? It was so fun to watch though! AND.. ever see those cute hardbound books where you upload your pictures to a website and they make it into a book? Through midnight tonight, you can get a free one! Go HERE for more info!! I am sure your parents would love one for Christmas! *It is normally $30 bucks!!

I am really confused about something. I am NOT trying to start a debate on here, I just really want to be informed. SOO.. about Proposition 8. I have been seeing on the news that people are rioting outside of L.D.S. Temples and churches. Someone the other day left a package of white powder (last I heard, they didn't know what it was) outside of the SLC Temple. Honestly, why does it seem that the Mormons are being blamed for this passing? Or is that just how I see it? I know that the church came out and said where their stand on it was, but are people not seeing that there were plenty of other people who didn't like it either? Again.. I am just wanting to know if I am feeling **attacked** or if that I am looking at it in the wrong way. If you google videos on rioting outside of churches and temples, it is really sad. I really liked reading what this guy had to say HERE.

Here are some really sad pics of a California temple from the other day..




Now on a lighter note...
I am thinking of having a girls night at my house for whoever wants to come! Maybe all bring a little something to eat and make a fun craft. These cute little cupcake bath bombs would be a fun gift huh? Would anyone want to come over? I am being serious! If some people really do, I will plan it! Wouldn't they make cute Visiting Teaching gifts or even a cute little present topper? Tutorial found HERE.

Okay.. time for me to take a nap now before Braun gets back with Emery! Have a fabulous day! Don't forget to stop by at the boutique today.. It is at Noah's in South Jordan. Right off the freeway on the west side. Call me if you get lost!

Tara

14 comments:

The Ison Family said...

No you aren't the only one that feels this way. Funny that you blogged about it since I posted about it in this mommy's group I'm part of online. I'm sick and tired of hearing about how the LDS church is being blamed for Proposition 8. Sure the LDS church raised the most money in supporting the ban BUT not everyone that voted YES for the ban was LDS so why target our church and our beliefs? On the news they said that 7 churches were vandalized but they don't believe that it was because of Prop 8 which I'm sorry but I strongly have a feeling that's exactly why these churches were vandalized. It's hard being LDS but soooo worth it. I just wish people could be a little more respectful. How would they like it if we came and vandalized their property? Ugh, ok I'll get off my soapbox now.

brittany said...

I think a lot of people are upset because the LDS Church is a tax exempt because they are a religious institution separate from the government, but they donated $20 mill for the Yes on Prop 8 campaign, alongside other churches as well. So now people want the LDS church to lose their tax exempt status because they violated the separation of church and state by donating money for a governmental campaign. That's what I've heard but I can't say that I agree or disagree because it's still kind of confusing to me :)

THE BILLS FAMILY said...

I think its all a disaster. Its too blad that someone always has to take the blame for everything. The end is near that is all I will say and on another note...where in the world do you find all your cute tutorials?! You find the cutest thing. I just love your blog! I wish I was living in utah still I would to go to Oh Sweet Sadie I am soooo jealous right now!

*LAYLA and AUSTIN* said...

You know I am always up for a girls night. Weren't we going to start doing our girls night/craft night on Tuesdays while our men are at work? Missy and I want to make picture frames (with scrapbook paper on them). Let's get together soon for sure--you are just too dang busy we keep missing you! =(

The Jones' said...

I too feel like they are targeting the LDS church, but I also believe it's because they know how "strong" and successful we are in what we believe. Let them fight, it won't change a thing! Random for me to write on your blog, but when I saw your cute calendar, I clicked on it and noticed that I could read everything you were doing that month. But what caught my attention the most was the fact that you let people know when you will not be home, which may open yourself to some CRAZY unexpected visitors to visit while you are out. Just thought I would say something because I know of a girl that was a victim of being stocked by her blog. Just an FYI!
-Mahina

Melissa said...

ha ha love that your friend mentioned the fact that you say when you won't be home. AMEN! Girl, you gots to be careful! You also say when your hubby isn't home. Blogs don't scare me and mine isn't private, but I never say when Jon won't be home etc. Just in case some crazed freak is reading my blog. Girl, the persecution of the church is just beginning! I personally believe it will get a lot worse. The prophets have testified of this. In the days ahead we will see who has a true testimony of the gospel. Satan has a plan and we can all see many, many, many are falling into his traps. Stay close to the spirit is all I have to say! how's that for a novel?!

Matt and Jenna said...

Tara I have been so sick with the whole protest! What people fail to realize is the LDS church did not put all the money toward the passing of prop. 8 but had asked the members to donate their time and money to get the word out! People are trying to take away are tax exempt status, which #1 because the LDS church didn't fund the campaign we could not lose our exemption and #2 if we did lose our tax exempt status the church is set up in such a way it would not effect us in a huge financial way! It is so sad people think protest and riots are the way to go! All it does is make people fight back, and for me it makes me sad and scared!

Matt and Jenna said...

and on second note! If they want to use the something against the LDS church they better look at both sides... I'm pretty sure Steve Young forked out a pretty penny AGAINST Prop.8

The Parks Fam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melanie S. Tripp said...

Me & Sally came to Oh Sweet Sadie yesterday but you weren't there :( RUDE Tara! jk! Anyway hope it goes well! It looks great in there & there was a ton of fun stuff! Good Luck! ;)

Kara Denise... said...

Thanks for the compliment on the shopping seat cover I gave Changella. They are super easy and you can borrow the pattern any time.
P.S. Did you know the pregnant man is pregnant AGAIN!?

Melissa (Missy) Eva Streiff said...

Tara I didn't even see some of that stuff at the sweet sadie show??? It was still really fun however. And if you have a girls night I'm totally in!

Mike and Felisha said...

I got the cutest Christmas stuff yesterday at Oh Sweet Sadie!! We didn't see you tho we saw your stuff which reminded me that I need to get my car garbage sack!! Did you try the chocolate stuff at the end. It was DELICIOUS!!! I am totally down for a girls night! I have been telling Mike that I need to have a craft day with you. I don't know a lot about Prop 8 either but the stuff I have heard is ridiculous. I have some friends in CA who voted yes and they had some of their friends call them bigots and totally disown them! It's like those people are just trying to find someone to blame. The LDS church is not the only church who donated money to the cause. I do know that the reason the church got involved is because it's more of a moral issue rather than just government. Anyway this is really long but for sure let me know about the girls night!!

Amy Goffin said...

I would love to come to a girls night at your house. Who doesn't love to be at the Thueson's? You guys are so wonderful. And to make a craft? Oh heck yes I'll be there!

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...