Monday, October 6, 2008

Well...

Today marks day 1 of my "A Week in the Life..." I have taken a lot of pictures already and am getting excited about making a little book out of them. Today hasn't been too eventful.. well, some errands for Braun before he left for his Zion Narrows hike and thats about it. I made some AMAZING chocolate chip cookies today and I HAD to come and share the recipe with all of you. Seriously, these are the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever tasted.



  • 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 2 cups butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips (***USE THE GUITTARD BRAND!! They are the best!! :) )
  • 2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
  3. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.
Yummy... they are delicious!! Make them as soon as possible. You won't regret it.. Well.. maybe your love handles will.

2 comments:

*LAYLA and AUSTIN* said...

PUDDING COOKIES! yay! These are the ONLY chocolate cookies we make. The pudding makes them softer and chewier! Austin's mom started making them for the boys on their missions because they would last longer. And when we got married Austin said that is the ONLY cookie recipe I could use (except he does let me make pumpkin cookies-easiest recipe ever I will give it to you if you want and funfetti cookies--my favorite--occasionally!). I am glad you finally get to enjoy this goodness I call a pudding cookie but like you said, they don't help in the calorie department!

The Parks Fam said...

TARA!! You are in huge trouble...You cannot post stuff like this on your blog for the preggo's out there that LOVE to eat junk. I went grocery shopping today and of course had to grab the stuff to make these. These cookies look to DIE for. and if the girl that posted a comment before me gives you the funfetti cookie recipe send it my way, Funfetti is like my all time FAV. I guess I better enjoy it all now cause in less than 3 months my junk eating days are over!

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...