Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I'm starting it early...

So if you've known me for awhile, you probably know I've had a long time love for Hello Kitty. I even had her bedding in High School. Ooh and a Hello Kitty belly button ring. (Yes, I had my belly button pierced. It was a weird phase I went through in High School. ) Lame I know. I liked her until she got all popular with places like Wal Mart, Charlotte Russe, etc. Then my innocent kitty became "punk rock kitty" and other stupid things. Well I'm proud to say, my little Em loves her too. No, I'm never going to put her in HK character clothes, but we will definately be going in her store and getting those delicious 5 for $1 gums that the flavor only lasts for 30 seconds.

Hallelujah, I finally have an excuse to go back.

7 comments:

Lynds said...

I was just reading your blog and thought I would tell you that I was at Target yesterday and found (in the dollar section) a Hello Kitty necklace and bracelet set for $1.00. My 1 year old loves it!

The Mcclellan Family said...

I had my belly button pierced two different times. I'm sure you're not alone on this one Tara. Everyone has something spicy in their younger years they could share.

Mike and Felisha said...

Hmm...I'm not sure what a prego woman can be for Halloween. I didn't even try last year seeing as how I was ready to pop. I did see this lady in this shirt at Gardner Village. It was a skeleton shirt(the bones were shown where they really are) and on the belly there was a little skeleton laying sideways. It was so cute!!! I have no idea where you would even get that though. I'll keep thinking!! Oh and yes I took the extensions out they were grown out and I really need my hair dyed and I don't really want them in for the cruise. I'm glad you think my hair is long cuz it doesn't feel that way and it feels really thin since I took them out.

Jennie B. said...

Hi! My blog isn't on your list. WTF. www.mikenjenniebennionfamily.blogspot.com.

The Nelson Family Smorgasbord said...

I have..ahem, HAD, the same silly obsession with Strawberry Shortcake all growing up...Today my Charly LOVES her and calls her "Strawberry Pancake".:-) Hey, how do you know Zack and Lacey Bell? Do they live out by you?

Amy Goffin said...

Still to this day everytime I see hello kitty and cash registers I always think of you. What have you done to me?

Ben and Andria said...

I too had an obsession with Hello Kitty. I remember when she first came out! And I also had a belly button ring. My parents still don't know I ever had it. We all do crazy things when we're young.

I have an idea for a halloween costume. Last year I was pregnant so I wore an orange sweater and cut out black felt pieces to make a face on my belly. I put green ribbon in my hair and went as a jack-o-latern. Just a thought:)

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...