Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Hmm...

I think I'm going crazy nowadays. I have woken up at 5AM on the dot for the past 2 mornings. I get up, take a much needed "pregnancy pee" and load a few more movies onto Apple TV. THEN, since I am STILL not tired, I get on the computer. I have found a million things I want to make lately.

First thing being a Quiet Book! I have wanted to make a "Quiet Book" for Em for a long time! Almost a year actually.. well, I found something to help me along. I am super excited. I plan on going to Hobby Lobby the minute Em wakes up :) Anyone want to join in on the fun? You could either get the supplies and make it at home (and post the results on YOUR blog) or we can get together and make them! I think either would be fun! I {hope} to do a page every other day. They only take about 30 minutes per page, but we don't want to burn ourselves out!! :) Yeah right, I will get all excited and finish the whole book in a week. Want to see some of the cuteness??? This is her girls version.



I can't decide if I want to just do Em's name in letters, or if I want to do the full alphabet first. Probably the whole alphabet... Anyway, you will want to purchase the tutorial first. It is found HERE!! It is a really great tutorial ..probably 60 pages long (patterns and all!) She was really fast at sending it over to me by email. Those are her pages that she made above. Be sure to check out her full alphabet. It is really detailed and just looks so fun. Em will have a blast with it!! I can't wait to start!

I have bookmarked about 30 tutorials for things I want to do lately. I have taken everything off of my website except for bags. My "break" has officially begun! I need to get my house in order too before this baby gets here. So much to do!! So little time!! What is on your crafting agenda??

P.S. I am being serious about making these together! I think it would be so fun! Even if it is just through the "blog world!!"

14 comments:

Kara Denise... said...

You deserve a break T sizzle. Cute cute cute quite book! And that is crazy I have a twin named Kara Smith! Thanks for the tip sizz.

Joslyn said...

That is a very cute book, but I think that's way too advanced for my sewing skills! Have fun with it; I can't wait to see all your projects!

Amy Goffin said...

I WANT TO MAKE ONE! My sister Jill and I have been talking about making a quiet book for about 4 years. Before she even had a kid. In one week from tomorrow I'll have my own craft room to make it in too!!!!!!

Jill Chatterley said...

These are so cute! I'm ordering one today. You have the best finds.

the murdocks said...

I LOOOVE that book! It is so stinking cute! I seriously want one...but my intentions are always great...I just never carry anything out :) I want to be crafty like you. I've never sewn (spelling?) anything.

p.s. I would love if you sent me those Nichole Van actions! I still haven't got them, but I understand you are so busy so I didn't want to pester you. Also, I was dying to go to sweet sadie last weekend cause it was in my neighborhood but I just didn't get a chance. I wanted to come see your cute stuff and everything there. Maybe next time....

Mike and Felisha said...

Tara as I have said before I would LOVE to craft with you!! Quiet books are so stinkin cute!! I will totally make one with you!! I'm glad you are taking a break maybe now you and your husband(and Em) will have some time to let us know when you are coming to our house for a BBQ!!

Matt and Jenna said...

count me if friend...who by the way I NEVER SEE!!! Maybe lets sell our kids for the day and hang out!!

Kara Denise... said...

I looked at Ali Edward's blog and now I really want to do pictures throughout the day challenge on my blog. I really think I am going to. I am incredibly excited. I shall start next week. Now you need to do it too so I don't look so crazy. Thanks.

The Parks Fam said...

Like i said with the other stuff, can't I just hire you??!! ;) You are WAYYYY to creative. I love the quiet book, maybe that way my child would sit longer than 2 minutes at church? Have you seen any boyish looking ones, I don't think pink would fly with my hubby. :)

P.S. I am putting my blog on private, so leave me your email address would ya? Thanks!

Joe and Rindi said...

Cute! I never slept either while I was pregnant! But at least that's when things got done!

Zach and Katie Hillstead said...

that book is ADORABLE! seriously where do you find all this stuff? i am going to make one for sure....hopefully it'll turn out, i'm trying to be crafty these days:) hope braun is feeling better!

Hayley Neil said...

I want to make one for sure! I don't think I have time to get started on it for a couple weeks but then I am definitely on it! You always find and also make the very cutest stuff ever! Go Tara!

The Laytons said...

Hi Tara! I doubt you remember me, but we went to high school together. I found your blog on Jennifer Arthur's page. Just wanted to tell you that I LOVE all of stuff! You have the cutest ideas. This quite book is adorable! I love it!

ashlan said...

I went to buy the patten for this book and its all sold out. Can I pay you for a copy of your, My kids would love it. You can email me @ ashlanmartin@hotmail.com if you are interested.

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...