Friday, October 10, 2008

Babies Babies Babies...

Okay.. I have been doing AMAZING and I haven't bought a thing for our new little baby girl. But now I am to the point where I am stressing a little bit because I know that she will be here before I know it. I am down to appointments every 2 weeks now! AaaahH! I need a rocking chair for her room. I didn't have one with Em and wished that I did. I need a double stroller and am still thinking of this one. I just have to get Braun to Draper to see it!

and I have been thinking about getting a moses basket this time around. Em slept in our room for the first 3 months and I am going to do that this time too. With Em, we just used our giant porta-crib (which was nice!) but we use it too much for Emery now that I don't want to have to keep taking it up and down whenever we go to grandmas or friends kids come over. I really like THIS one.

and I would just get a stand for it. Have any of you used one? I never have but think it would be great for those first 3 months!

Oooohhhh!! Guess what is coming up in 5 days!! The Petunia Pickle Bottom outlet sale!! :) If you haven't already, you need to get on their mailing list! Their diaper bags are 20-70% off retail prices. Granted some have slight imperfections.. thats A-OKAY with me when you get a steal of a deal on something! I wish I would of known about this sale when I bought my first diaper bag from them. What is on my list of "wants" this time around?


You need to register for the sale to be able to shop it.. REGISTER HERE!!

Hmm... Now what to talk about?? Oooh! Went to Amy's wedding reception last night. She looked beautiful! I will post pictures later today of that.. it was fun! And Braun even came with me! Yaay!

Oh one more thing, we decided on our vacation spot. We are going to Maui! Tickets are booked, now we need a hotel and things to do. I would love opinions and great places to stay!! (Especially because we know where we are going for sure now!) I am super excited to be going on one last vacation with just the two of us before this baby gets here.

Today is going to be a good day! I can feel it :) Braun just left for work and said he won't be back until 11PM!!!! Dang him.. Emery just woke up an hour earlier than normal.. so we aren't off to a great start, but we will get there! My Sleeping Beauty movie that I ordered should get here in the mail today AND You Don't Mess with the Zohan! haha :) I can't wait for those little fairy witches to make that cake again. It has been too darn long since I've seen that. I am sure you all know the part I am talking about. I would rewind that part over and over.

16 comments:

the hogan's said...

Stay in a hotel that's walking distance from Whaler's Village. Its such a fun place with great shopping. And rent a car so you can drive to Lahaina at night for dinner, shopping and a movie if you want-its only like a 5-10 minute drive so your hotel might have shuttles. Also...eat at Kimo's, Hula Grill and Leilani's for sure! And if your interested in adventure we've done the zip line in the mountains that was so fun (but since your preggo that might not be good!)--also my family has been to this awesome natural waterfall place (I wasnt on that trip) but its not that far away and they said its amazing! You going to LOVE Maui!

Heather said...

I just love reading your blog Tara! That moses basket is ADORABLE!! You always know how to find such cute things....Thanks for making me smile when I read your blog. LOVE IT!

The Parks Fam said...

K so I actually had the Phil and Ted's double stroller bought and then changed my mind and went with the one by Zooper and I am soo excited! I didn't love the Phil and Ted's because the under seat thing was tiny, I thought for sure the kids would hate it. If you end up buying it let me know how you like it!! because maybe I am wrong and will totally miss out on a great stroller! Good luck with the baby stuff. Love the diaper bag, I just bought a petunia at Nordstrom, I am ticked that they are going on sale now!! Just my luck! Have a blast in Hawaii!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Maui! and make sure you eat at Kimo's. Its one of my favorites!

Buckland Family said...

We stayed at the Marriot in Maui and it was awesome. I would totally recommend it. They have the very best breakfast buffet ever!!! I want to give you money and have you buy me some coconut syrup while you are there. When are you going? I am so jealous!

*LAYLA and AUSTIN* said...

There's girl I nanny sometimes just got Sleeping Beauty on DVD and we watched it yesterday and I was mesmerized! I love that movie! I forgot how stinkin cute it was! We are going to Maui too. The second week in December--tentatively that is. So definitely let me know where you recommend staying. Austin doesn't want to do an all inclusive thing though =( He likes to just go with the flow and do spur of the moment things! Anyway Rachel and I were talking about us 3 getting together this weekend maybe saturday afternoon or even tonight. Let me know! =)

The Brandt Family said...

So my sister in law has the Phil and Ted stroller and her kids LOVE it. It is really light and the big wheels make it easy to push. They also have those little papoos(spell?) things-not as cute as the one you found, but I think they give you a good deal when you buy it with the stroller....good luck!

Zach and Katie Hillstead said...

ah i am so annoyed i literally just bought a new petunia pickle bottom bag last week. bu thanks for the info...i'm sure i'll find another i like:) we went to maui on our honeymoon...so fun! the road to hana is really fun, but long. my favorite thing we did was go on a snorkeling trip. it was SOOO FUN! we did a luau (sp?) but i thought it was overrated. it is fun for those who drink:) anyways i'm excited for you you will love it!

The Morzelewski Family said...

So yes, I am very excited about the Petunia Pickle Bottom sale too!!! Don't know if I really need anything but lets face it, I'm sure I will end up buying something anyway! I just had to say that I didn't have a chair with Kaden, then I got one when I had Payton and it is by far my favorite thing!!! I love being able to go in the nursery at night and have a comfy place to feed her :-) That stroller looks pretty cool too, much less bulky then my double stroller!!! Even though I must admit that it is very functional! (I have the graco something-or-other)

Caleb and Rachel said...

if you go to maui you need to book tickets to go to the magic show Warren and annabelle. It was soo fun. but they book up fast so the earlier the better-- be booked ours months before the trip.

The Mcclellan Family said...

My little sister gave me a moses basket and I loved it. I used it when I gardened, read, cooked, cleaned, showered - I seriously took it everywhere. Now it's a cute little piece in my little girl's room that holds stuffed animals. How fun! Once again you get to look forward to all the special little things that make being a mom an unforgettable time in your life.

The Thatchers said...

Have fun in Maui!! We are headed there for a week in December so find all the fun stuff to do and then let me know!! P.S. when are you, me, and Rach gonna get together for lunch???

Mike and Felisha said...

I absolutely love Maui and I'm so jealous you are going!! Also I want one of those strollers when we decided to have another. I have heard nothing but good things about it so you will have to let me know what you decide!!!

Jennie B. said...

Hey! I used a moses basket for Claire for the first 3 months and I loved it! It's so portable and dang cute!! I recommend it for sure. YOu are freakin funny. I love it. Everything you say I can just hear you saying it out loud. THanks for that.

Danica said...

That phil and ted stroller is heaven! I bought it to take London and my niece Brooke in and have no complaints. Brooke, who is a year older than London (and much bigger) loved the bottom because she was "hiding". They now fight over the bottom seat everywhere we go. If you want to try it out let me know : )

Jacey said...

Landon and I were thinking about getting that stroller. We saw them everywhere in Disneyland. They are super nice, compact, easy to push, folds down pretty well, the ONLY drawback I saw to it was the back seat doesn't have any shade unless you drape a blanket over the handle. You were asking about Disneyland and 2year olds. I was surprised how much Taydon could do. On the Disneyland side he could pretty much do everything except the BIG rides. California Adventure there isn't as much but there's shows and a kids section with quite a bit to do. We had a lot of fun and would do it again with a 2year old! The day does gets long and schedules get off. It worked well to get there right when the park opened play for a few hours then go back for a nap and lunch then head back to the park for more fun. afternoon

Melissa (Missy) Eva Streiff said...

Tara! Holy nutz! We need to get together! I have the Phil and Teds and I think it is really cute..however I need to use it more! I really do like it though! However I haven't bought the attachment seat yet so I don't know if that part is ok or not! You should really come over and try it out!!!!!

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...