Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sewing Sewing Sewing!!

Well, I have been wanting to get a nice sewing machine for a long time! I have been using this cheap-o one from Wal Mart that is horrible. I always thought that it was just me being a krappy sewer and not my machine...well, I was wrong. Okay, HALF WRONG. I still am not a great seamstress, but having a nice machine DEFINATELY helps!! I got a Husqvarna Viking.. I am so excited!! I have already made a bunch of bags on it today and decided to take on something I have never done.. I am making a Wee Wonderful dolly for Em.

She has sat by me and helped me make it for most of the time. We stuffed a little felt heart in there with some special words on it. Now I need to go through the boxes of her clothes and find a dress to cut up to make this little dollys dress out of. If you want to make these cute little dolls, go HERE to buy the pattern.. you can download it immediately from the site.
I still have a ways to go! I am only at this point:
Next up on my list of things to make are these booties!
Okay now for something a little off topic..actually WAY off topic. So if you have seen my husband lately, you would of more than likely noticed the giant HERPE on his lip. He has about 5 coldsores in 1. Poor guy. No smoochin' for us for a good week. Anyway, yesterday he came home and had 15... yes FIFTEEN canker sores on his tongue. ALL over it. He didn't even want to talk to me cause his tongue hurt so bad. He didn't eat anything out of the ordinary to give him so many. His mom is into all of that herbal medicine stuff and so she has him doing a few different pills, herbs, etc.. but seriously, the coldsore was bad enough. What did he do to deserve a gazillion cankers too?? Poor guy, I can't help but laugh. (definately not in front of him though.) So the point to all this rambling is.. Do you think its a virus?? Like an entire mouth virus?? Seriously, that is so strange.

6 comments:

Kara Denise... said...

Hahahahaha!! What on earth did you give him sizzle? Geez! Stay away from Gregory. I mean it.

By the way, I love that doll! If I only had a baby girl to see one for!

Mike and Felisha said...

HAHAHA poor Braun!! Mysteriously enough Mike has 3 cold sores...hmm wonder what happened in their meeting...hahaha anyway I'm glad you got your sewing machine!! I will for sure be coming down to your soon (hopefully next week if you are available) and you can help me make my quilt!! Also how about Monday for the BBQ? If that doesn't work just let me know!!

Joslyn said...

poor braun! hmm...Hand, Foot, Mouth disease isn't very common in adults, but the mouth sores sound kinda like what the girls had last year. Is he way stressed out? I get cold sores when I'm super stressed.

Greg&Ky said...

I don't know exactly what it looks like.... But I know of some people who had something similar on the lips. They thought it was lots of cold sores in a bunch but it was actually blood vessels growing in a bunch. If is does not start to get better or continues to grow I would take him to the Dr. They will just remove it. I don't know about the tongue though..I guess it could be the same thing.

Amy Goffin said...

Poor Braun. I experienced something similar to what he's going through but worse a few months ago. The doctor prescribed me with some Magic Mouthwash, yes that's the real name. It numbs your mouth and helps it heal.

Zach and Katie Hillstead said...

tara,
ok i hope you look back and read this comment! i am not trying to freak you out but my brother-in-law had the EXACT same thing in the spring and it actually turned into him having bells palsy in his face for a couple weeks. it was so weird. THEN zach got it this summer! luckily he didn't get the bells palsy, but the sores on his tongue literally became so painful he could hardly eat because it hurt so bad to swallow. so i would tell braun to go to the dr. asap. he will be fine i'm not trying to freak you out, but it is for sure a virus and they might be able to give him something. they gave my brother-in-law some meds, but we were in d.c. when zach got it and they acted like he just had to ride it out. i think they gave him painkillers. anyways, just thought you might want to know that!

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...