Friday, July 25, 2008

A Fun Filled Friday...

How CHEESY was that?? Very. Well, notice how in my last post I wished for Emery to sleep for 6 hours? Well, it almost happened. She took a 5 hour nap! It was wonderful :) I was able to do a little sewing. Want to see what I made? **TaDa!!**
Emery has decided that instead of it being her changing pad, it is her blanket. Whatever it is, I am dang proud. Turned out super cute :) Only a few minor mistakes. Oh and 1 major one. The next time I make one, I will be pro. Anyone want to come over and make one with me? One side is fabric, the other side is a plush fluffy chenille. I just used things I had on hand. Next time, I think I will buy a white soft towel and cut it up for the backing. We will see...
I even had time to make myself a cute fabric flower for my hair. I just have to add one last thing and then I will post a picture.

Okay, so Emery had another poop incident this morning. She came up to me going "eeew mommy...sick...ewwww" I had no idea what was going on until she wiped one of her hands on me. I won't go into any details, but I sure hope this taking the diaper off thing is just a phase. I am actually kinda happy that happened (in a weird sort of way..) because if it didn't, I probably wouldn't of been able to do this... Meet Grandma Emery.




I haven't laughed this hard in a long time...I round brushed Emery's hair!! I had never done it before and I will never do it again, but it sure was funny to see. She has the tightest curliest hair and she just thought she was so cute with her hair straight (for the hour). She was posing left and right (of course, none were caught on camera) This poor girl is going to hate her hair when she grows up. It is already back to the tight little curls that it usually is in and it has only been a few hours. It isn't even humid here! She is starting to look so old to me.. it is so crazy to see how fast your little kids grow up. She is so fun to hang out with all day. Most days, I can't wait for her to wake up from her naps so that I can play with her and hear the funny new things she is learning to say everyday. I am so grateful to be her mommy. She is such a sweet little girl :) I think I take it for granted how fun and easy my life really is. I wouldn't change a thing!! My friend Jenna told me about this lady whose daughter choked on an apple a little while ago. I can't even imagine how hard that must be to lose a child. That would be the hardest thing to ever have to go through. If you want to read the moms blog, click HERE.
I will warn you though, you will cry your eyes out.

9 comments:

Aubrie said...

Trevor went through the "take your diaper off" stage in Florida last summer! I put him down for a nap and when I went into check on him I thought I was going to die..it was everywhere--so be grateful that she didn't finger paint with it..although wiping it on you isn't much better:( It passes..he only took his diaper off 2 or 3 times and then he never did it again--good luck!!

Joslyn said...

K- I looked at that families blog and you're right...I cried my eyes out! I read it for almost 30 minutes, and I'm still crying as we speak! Even in front of Katelyn and Brittany B. who are here at my house! It's a good reality check though to not take my children for granted.

Zach and Katie Hillstead said...

i am seriously impressed with how crafty you are. i am one of those people who WANTS SO BAD to be crafty but i am not! maybe i will work on that more when i get home:) anyways your changing pad is adorable!

*LAYLA and AUSTIN* said...

I love the crafts Tara. They are adorable. You are just amazing! Oh and Em looks so grown up with straight hair but poor girl she has hair like me! You can't imagine how out of control it is out here in the humidity--it's disgusting! I have to wear it in a braid/ponytail EVERYDAY. I am excited to be back in utah just so I can wear my hair down!

Morgan said...

Cute, cute stuff Tara! Hey, I have a question for you. My sister is getting married and is looking for a cute temple bag...like a tote that you can carry your temple clothes in and everything. They are all so grandma-ish and I didn't know if you knew how to make a bag like that out of any of your cute fabric! I will pay you anything because we are desperate for a bag. I am thinking that I probably need a new one too since the zipper on mine broke. Will you let me know if that is something you know how to do or if you are even interested?! Thanks...you're a doll! My email is morganf13@hotmail.com

Klorissa said...

Tara, I HATE YOU!!! Why did you put that link of that sweet little Lucy on your blog? I read their WHOLE blog last night and couldn't stop bawling. I was basically hyper-ventilating by the end of the night because of all the crying I was doing. Have you looked at the other "angel babies" that they have as their link on the right hand column? I read ALL of their blogs. There is one that really touched me about a little girl named Camille that was only I think 10 months who drowned in her families hot tub. I stayed up till 3 a.m. last night reading their ENTIRE blog and bawling the ENTIRE time! Beau must have thought I was crazy! Maybe it's my hormones from just having Karlee, but I was really touched by all of these toddlers who have recently passed away. I must have checked on the girls about 10 times before I went to bed last night! I actually really wanted to thank you for posting that on your blog. It really made me realize how precious these little ones are and to not take them for granted for one second of the day! I have a deeper love and appreciation for my girls after reading about how quickly they can be taken away from you. Thanks again for the link! Go check out those other blogs too!!!

The Davis Family said...

Ha she does look so so different with straight hair! ha Thats funny, she is so cute no matter what though! Its crazy that I have ran into you twice in the past week, and haven't seen you for years. You are so dang cute and creative, I love checking your blog!

Julie said...

I am totally jealous! A five hour nap? How is that possible? How much does she sleep at night? Wow, I could really use that kind of time during the day! please, tell me how you do it!

Melissa (Missy) Eva Streiff said...

what the heck TARA! emery's hair is hilarious!! lol

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...