Friday, July 11, 2008

Bikes and Bras...


Well, this morning has been so funny! I woke up at about 6:45 am. I forced myself not to look at my phone for a few minutes... when I did I realized that the AT&T store didn't open for another hour and fifteen minutes and I needed to get over there ASAP!!! I put my pants on, grabbed a sweatshirt and headed out the door! (I was in such a hurry I even forgot a BRA!!) That is some useless info that noone needs to know but it sure was embarassing! Anyway, I hop in my car (I got my little sister to sleep over so she could babysit!) and headed over to the nearest AT&T store. When I got there, the line was already enormous.

There was probably about 100 people in front of me. I just figured.. lines are worse than that at Wal Mart the day after Thanksgiving.. I can handle it. Well, wearing a sweatshirt was my first mistake. In no time, I was dying and I didn't want to take off my sweatshirt because of what I mentioned earlier!! :) Anyway, the line was about 80% guys and 20% old women buying phones for their kids. I met some funny people in line and had fun talking about nerdy things with everyone! OKAY... back up about 10 minutes. I pull up alongside the store and I am seeing how long the line is. I decide to park along the road. I notice a biker dude and figure I will just pull in front of him, I totally had enough time and he could go on the other side of me! Well, I pull over to the side and take a sharp right so I can get close.. next thing I know, this biker runs into my mirror and is yelling at me! The 100 people in line all look over and start pointing. It was really funny! Sad and rude, but funny nonetheless! Great way to start off my long morning. I was so embarrassed to get out of my car but I was bound and determined to get the new iPhone. Anyway, to make a long story short, the #$%*@! AT&T store only had 40 iPhones and the white were the first to sell out. They sold out about 10 people in front of me which made it even worse! So many people were so annoyed that they just left. They only let 8 people into the store at a time so you can imagine how many people were yelling at the poor employees when they came to bring us waters! Anyway... I am off to Gateway to go get one now. Maybe I will wait a few hours before I leave. I have called them about every hour and they keep saying they have plenty!! I didn't even want it that bad until they sold out and are now hard to get. Dang, I hate that I am like this. Ya always want what you can't have!!! WISH ME LUCK!!!

Want to hear a random fact about Apple?? They only are making $26 per iPhone sold out of the few hundred they sell them for. I thought they would make a lot more than that! I guess when you sell millions and millions, $26 adds up though! :)

I am really nerdy... there you go, I said it.

2 comments:

*LAYLA & AUSTIN* said...

Austin got up at about 6 this morning and went over to the at&t store at the mall by us and even though he was one of the first in line out of about a hundred people the computers in the store were really slow because of all of the people activating their new iphones so he had to wait for 2 hours after the store opened at 8 to even get his phone--but he did get the white one! (I was surprised I thought he would want black but I guess he wanted a change!). Anyway, he is loving it-he says it is way faster! I hope you get yours! GOOD LUCK! =)

Mike and Felisha said...

You are HILARIOUS!! I wish I could have been there to see the biker!! HAHA!! I love Em's pics they are way cute. If you are feeling up to it (since you will be very pregnant) will you do Brynlee's 1 year photos?? I really want to do the ones in TuTu's but it's in Nov so it will be freezing so who knows!! Also I have had Braun at my house the last 2 nights and it AMAZES me how much Emery looks like him. Some of his facial expression are exactly the same as hers!!

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...