Saturday, May 17, 2008

Some more California.. and some weirdos!!

*** Sometimes I blog from my phone and that is the reason that some of my posts are skinny and some not(I am not sure the deal with this one!!!)...

Okay...

This week has been pretty fun! I am really liking this warm weather and constantly going out to eat. I am seriously hungry all of the time.. for some reason, I don't remember being so hungry like 24/7 with Em. Last night I had a dream that I was having twins. It was so weird. I used to always think that I wanted twins when I was younger. Now that thought scares me to death. I wouldn't be able to handle it. Things happen a lot quicker being pregnant with your 2nd. I didn't get sick as quick last time, I didn't feel this fat at 7 weeks (I am sure it is all in my head, but my pants are already getting tight around the waist.. ugh) and I wasn't this exhausted either... I have been going to bed around 8PM this whole week. For those of you that know me really well, I usually don't go to bed until midnight at the EARLIEST!! Good thing Em likes spanish cartoons this week! :)

Another thing that I discovered this week is Google Reader! It is so awesome.. Okay, let me teach you how it works. It is great for bloggers. You know how you have the list to the side of your blog -----------------------------> of all of your blog friends, and when you want to see who has updated, you just click down the line of everyone? Well.. you don't have to do that anymore! All you have to do is sign up for google reader (it is free!) and you "subscribe" to all your friends blogs. It automatically updates when people blog and you get a new message like an email with their post in it! It is really cool.. go type in google reader to subscribe to mine!! :) That is a picture of it in action.. it tells me that I have 6 new blogs to read.. yay!!

Now onto California! I went to some mall with Em the other day.. we went to The Cheesecake Factory with some of the wives out here. After Em and I went and did a little shopping! Oh man, she was so good to shop with. She was so happy the whole time. We made a pit stop at a fountain and I let her run through it for about an hour. I thought that she would be scared of it, but nope.. that wasnt the case! She kept going up to the holes and looking into them and they would get her right in the face. She would just laugh her head off. Here she is playing!

















Oh and look at how cool these things are!!! They are a stroller attachment that makes your sunshade a little shadier! I love them.. I really want one. I couldn't decide on which one though.I will probably just end up making one.. go to www.bellahmay.com to see them. Soo cute!















Yesterday was REALLY REALLY interesting to say the least.. we got up, got on our swimsuits and planned on swimming all day long. Sounds fun right? We went to find a Wendys to eat and our GPS took me to some house about 15 minutes away. We ended up eating at a chinese restaurant called Pick Up Stix. It was really good! Em and I ate outside and fed the birds for about an hour! She LOVES feeding the birds. Well, on the way home.. we stopped at Red Mango and got some frozen yogurt. I have heard amazing things about this place. When I got there, I asked for a sample and tried it.. It tastes like sour milk. It was disgusting. Rachel told me that you have to get past the initial taste and you will love it. So I ordered one. Needless to say, I finished it and now I want more. I think I will go there today.. twice. I need to make up for missing a few days of it since I have been here. And the best thing about it is its pretty much like drinking water. It doesn't have much of anything in it but healthy stuff. MMmmm.. be sure to get fruity pebbles on it just to make it a little less healthy. :) They are opening up on in Provo pretty quick. I might need to make a few trips down there a week!













Okay now back to my story. We got back to the hotel and they were having a Cali-Fur Convention at our hotel. The pool was filled with tons of people wearing tails. Yes, you read right.. Tails. Em and I just ignored all of the weird people and did our thing. I got Em a swimsuit at Target that has these floaty things that you stick IN it. It looks so dorky but hey, it works! She had a blast and thought she was such a big girl!





Now for the thing that made my day SOOO weird. Well, I mentioned that they are having a Fur Convention at our hotel. Our hotel right now is full of people wearing tails, people dressed as animals that go around licking each other, and last but not least.. "Stalking Cat" Eeew.. I get the willies even thinking about him. Yesterday I was at the pool and Emery got sick of swimming and wanted to go play on the stairs. She went up and down at least 5 times before stopping at the top and just staring. I couldn't see what she was looking at because their was a hedge that was taller than I was. I go up to get her and I literally screamed.

All of those silver posts on his lip are attachments for his whiskers...
I was so shocked.. I have seen him on TV before and thought it was the strangest thing that someone would want to morph their body into a cat. Here is everything that this guy has had done to him. Yes, he is a guy.. he does have boobs, but I guess they are just a birth defect or something like that. (His friend told me!) Here is what the web has to say about this feline man...

"Stalking Cat's transformation is estimated to have cost more than $200,000, but Cat himself has lost track of the great physical expenses. He has had all his teeth removed and replaced with tigerlike dentures and fangs. He has had nose and brow implants, and silicone cheek, chin and lip injections. He has had his lip split to resemble the mouth of a cat and six stainless-steel mounts implanted on his forehead and 18 piercings above his lip to which he can attach whiskers. The tips of his ears are pointed. He also has tiger stripe tattoos covering most of his body. He also plans to have implants inserted into the top of his head so he can attach cat ears. Most of these modifications are done by body-modification artist Steve Haworth of Phoenix, Arizona."

So Strange.. I had to ask for a picture with him. Emery was clutched to me for dear life. This is a pic of a pic... sorry for the quality!

10 comments:

Ashley said...

Tara, I am not going to lie that is the sickest thing I have ever seen in my life. What a freak! I know people are crazy but that just takes the cake! WOW! I don't know if I would be able to sleep if I saw that in real life. That is absolutely WACKO! I seriously can't get over it. I am impressed that you had the guts to chat with him and take a pic! I would have been running for my dear life and Tyler would've been too. I can't even imagine his reaction to something like that.

Mike and Felisha said...

HAHAHA I love Emery's face in the last pic I'm sure it's the same as mine was when I first looked at your pics. That is crazy!! I can't believe it but hey what a picture to put in Emery's book right!!

*LAYLA & AUSTIN* said...

Tara, So they have Spoon Me in SLC...I think I told you about it before...it is a pretty much exactly like Red Mango but they have a new flavor of the yogurt--Acqui Berry---It is delish! And it doesn't taste like sour milk...it tastes like...berries! =) Also, you should try Pink Berry in LA if you are still there---that is the "original one" and I've heard it is the best (they all taste the same to me)...we are going to Pink Berry tonight actually. I am so excited--I could eat that stuff everyday...and when we were in SLC Austin and I pretty much did eat it everyday! Looks like LA was fun! and It looks like you got a tan--Jealous! It's been so rainy here--boo!

Joslyn said...

ha ha! Poor Em was probably scared to death of that guy...I would be! Was he nice?

Rommel & Christy said...

YUCK! That is absolutely disgusting. I am glad you had fun.

The Ison Family said...

I cannot believe that people actually do this to their body. Poor Emery looks terrified in that picture of you with the..."cat".

Jacey said...

Hey Tara! We Ramsays have a blog now! It is www.ramsaytales.blogspot.com. Kara and I think that cat man is super duper freaky!

Natasha Ireland said...

I love your blog. Thanks for the blogger reader info, that will be sooo helpful. and save a bunch of time. Crazy pics Tara..... TERRIFYING.

Brandon & Ashley said...

There is actually a Red Mango in Salt Lake by the Fort Union Target. One of our neighbors owns it. It is delicious. I am glad you tried it with the Fruity Pebbles.

Melissa (Missy) Eva Streiff said...

EEWWWWW! I am laughing so hard I am crying! Tara that is so weird -I feel weird reading it. I'm laughing like when your scared on a roller coaster! what a creep. lol

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...