Sunday, April 6, 2008

There's a MoUSe in the HoUSe!!

EEEEEEWWW!!! Okay, so for the 2nd time in 1 year, we have some visitors. I have no idea how they get in. I have been keeping my house DANG clean too. (Besides little Em dropping her food on the floor which is inevitable!) So I discovered our "little friend" (we will call him that so we don't have to call him a mouse... It doesn't gross me out as much!) the other day when I was eating my breakfast. I put a big spoon full of my Crunch Berries in my mouth only to notice a large sized hole in the bag of cereal. I immediately spit out my cereal and went and Listerined my mouth over and over. Eeew. Of course Braun just sat there laughing. Well... I go to the pantry and every bag of cereal on the bottom shelf had a hole in it. Emerys poor easter basket had been extremely violated by this little rodent. It had chewed through all of her plastic easter eggs and eaten the candy on the insides. I hope it has a MAJOR belly ache! Well, so this dang creature is smart. I put traps out with peanut butter and a chocolate chip on top to entice the thing. Well, today I go to the traps and the chocolate chip has been chewed on and there is poop next to the traps under my sink but sure enough, the little creature got away. The first time I got them within a few hours . Now I am lost on what to do. So my question to you is... "NOW WHAT????" Any tips of advice on how to get him outta here?????

7 comments:

Benny & Lisa said...

Okay, we had this happen like 4 months ago. The little shiz was stuck in the wall. One day, I was getting ready for teaching and I heard this scratching in my bathroom! I was freaking out (silently), and I picked my phone up off the counter and called Ben, who was like 30 ft. from me, in bed still! Anyway, so gross. He got stuck in the was and DIED! We had the WORST smell ever coming from the bathroom. Thankfully, we left for South America, so it wasn't too bad when we got back! I would recommend traps, NOT poison. Ben put out poison, and it ate it and died. Yeah, they're dead, so that is good, but then if they don't go outside (the poison is suppose to make them go outside)you house smells awful! Good luck!! Set traps in the garage and basement. They love peanut butter!! You could even set one in the kitchen at night, just don't forget about it!!

chanceandbrooke said...

Ahhh! I hope I don't get this kind of visitor!! I wish I had a tip...I"ll call my grandpa he always knows what to do.

Melanie S. Tripp said...

So here's my tip... Set traps EVERYWHERE! In your garage (keep them from coming in again) on the side of your fridge, under your kitchen sink, in your laundry room, in the pantry, seriously everywhere. The liklihood of the mouse not getting caught in the trap when he eats something out of it is slim so next time you'll get it. The problem is usually when you have seen signs of one there's usually others. If you don't catch it in the next couple days I would for SURE call an exterminator bc they are NASTY and they carry tons of diseases. Yuck! I'm so sorry Tara. I am going to go set some traps in my own house bc now I'm scared.

Anonymous said...

Get a cat...

Kelley said...

Our very first apartment after we got married and moved to Seattle had mice, it was the worst ever, I was traumatized for a long time. The only thing that worked were the glue traps. you put them along the walls with a little bit of peanut butter in the middle. The mice come and get stuck and then you toss them. but I'm very sorry... I know how awful it is.

Jennie B. said...

About the mouse..... My cousin had a mouse in her house and her little girl found it dead somewhere. Her little girl took the mouse to her mom and had been chewing on it and the mouse had slobber all over it!!!!!!!!! Watch Emery close! Isn't the the grossest thing EVER? They call the poor girl Lily Mouse. So sick, huh? Sad!

Kristin Morris said...

Hey, I don't know if you remember who I am (used to be Kristin Romney) but I was just blog surfin' and noticed this mouse post. I pretty much posted the identical thing on mine a few min ago (kinda ironic) I have the same problem!! And I am absolutely terrified! Let me know if you find anything that works! Thanks

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...